Jambands.ca

Private Party With The New Deal

CyberHippie

• 3 weeks later...

I was so happy yesterday after winning the contest, I could hardly keep from wiggling in my desk chair all afternoon. I couldn't concentrate on work at the realization that I would be at a private party with NEW DEAL!!! I made up my mind to take this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and roll with it. Brad and I headed off for Montreal around 6:00 hoping to make it for the 8:00 admission. WRONG!!!! It took an hour and a half to get a quarter of the way there. The highway wasn't ploughed, we were only able to do 50-60 kms maximum. So we stopped at Tim Hortons, got a coffee and turned around. Wahhhhhhhhhh!!! Even when I win, I lose. I am still fighting the tears of utter disappointment. (sigh)

Well, thanks for trying B. Oh and thanks also for sticking to the plan of telling everyone what a fabulous time we had! wink.gif" border="0

aw, that's beyond sad - was there any contact information with your confirmation?

i'd try to contact them, tell them your plight (tell them you're really interested in previewing the car) and see if they'll let you into the toronto show tomorrow night instead.

worth a shot maybe...

I even typed out this long story about all our fictional adventures.... then I realized that's what losers who don't get out much do..... we get out plenty, so I swallowed hard, deleted and gave up the truth...

Besides.... who could lie to Gentle Monkey? I think it would be easier to lie to the pope!

i love the brutal honesty bb. grin.gif" border="0 you guys are smart for not pushing it. and in reality, they probably played a 20 minute set, with a diverse crowd that wouldn't even dig it. and the contest for the car was probably fixed to. so you guys are the real winners, win the draw, but dont bother accepting the prize. wink.gif" border="0

It was an houour just being nominated

You're right GM.... Probably would have been a sad little set with just Ms Hux and I getting down...... I realy could see myself in that car though....

I think if someone didn't go buy a bike and start talking all sorts of "spring is here" trash, this all could have been avoided grin.gif" border="0