Jambands.ca

BNB in london

Ms.Huxtable

I just got in from this weekend's tour. Harpua, I don't have the setlist for you, but I know you're going to be jealous when you see it. It was an awsome show (their first full show of the year) with some new tunes, lots of ol' favorites, some great vibes and lots of dancing heads. They were totally on (as always). After exessive partying the previous night at Ratdog, BNB brought me from a hung-over, no-energy light-weight to a dancing machine!

Speaking of Ratdog...I had a blast in Royal Oak. It was good to meet Schwa, Ace and Back Bacon. And I hear it was the first time EVER that Bobbie took to the drum kit! I am so glad to have witnessed history. I totally loved the show.

Did anyone catch Merl Sanders afterwards?

Must...get...sleep.........

Yeah, It was nice to meet you, Ms. Huxtable.

I went down to Merl after. Didn't have to pay. Saw about 45 minutes or so of him. It was a really good time there too. What a great night. Two shows in one night.

Yeah BNB was certainly a good time last night.

I don't know if I should go to Hamilton next Saturday for more bnb or go to london to see tND. Suggestions?

k

Holy crap, ms huxley. THat looked like tons o' fun.

New Speedway Boogie! I just gotta hear that!

Hey Mark! See that shit?

Set 1: Jam > Help On The Way > Slipnot > Walkin' Blues, Loser, Blackbird, Black Throated Wind, Bombs Away, Lucky Enough, West L.A. Fadeaway, Aiko Aiko

Set 2: New Speedway Boogie > Other One > He's Gone > SOLOS > Jam > The Wheel, She Says, Throwing Stones, Franklin's Tower, E: U.S. Blues

How'd the DJ Logic work out?

quote:

Originally posted by backbacon:

I don't know if I should go to Hamilton next Saturday for more bnb or go to london to see tND. Suggestions?k

well, if you just saw BNB.... and you know BNB is playing in Brantford on the 16th... and the New Deal are apparently bringing the whole "sound+light" shabang for their second London gig in two months... and they're so good...

...see you Saturday in London?

wink.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0

How was DJ Logic?

It was like he wasn't even there! I have the same opinion of him that I did after the MMW/Scofield show in Montreal. He didn't really stand out at all, it would have sounded pretty much the same whether he was there or not.

So does that make him good or bad? I dunno. If he stood out, then everyone would be saying how he ruined everything. If he didn't stand out then it can be said that he's talentless. Perhaps the beauty of DJ Logic is that he blends in with the sound. I certainly wouldn't base a decision to see a show or not, on his attendance.

I do wonder what a DJ Logic solo show is like though?

Wicka dee whaa, wicka, wicka whaa...