Jambands.ca

a question..

meggo

Phish Sanctuary currently has a Ottawa-area focus as most of the original Sanctuarians live in the Ottawa area. The Sanctuary is spreading though, and hopefully in the not-too-distant future it will take on more of a Canadian focus and will include show info, reviews, etc. from across Canada.

Peace, Mark

Hey Meggo,

You should keep an eye on upstream entertainment's page They bring all the big jambands to Vancouver - many of them play in Victoria around the same time, while they're in the area. Actually, I'm going to see Recipe From A Small Planet tonight - I've heard they're pretty good - I know they're playing in Victoria tomorrow @ the shithole that is the Cambie 2 - you may wanna check it out.

Otherwise, watch for a band called "themasses" from Vancouver - they're starting to get gooood and "SEARCH" - bit like DMB, but people like em'.

Westerners UNITE!!

hey Meggo and west coast phriends... my good phriend Scott "Casey" Jones is out in Victoria and is usually seen around most of the shows... take a look at the Burt Neilson pics from Peterborough on the pics page in the very last photo... hes the one with the longest hair... his gf Caroline with the short short hair in the back is usually at his side during shows... if u see em around say hi, there always down with groovin...

What??? I thought you WERE Terry David Mulligan!

That's really cool Weezy! I'll contact you soon regarding getting western show info together.

How many jambands/venues/cities do you think are out there that would fit in this community? I hear them asses are quite an ensemble.

Actually, I'm going to see Recipe From A Small Planet tonight - I've heard they're pretty good - I know they're playing in Victoria tomorrow @ the shithole that is the Cambie 2 - you may wanna check it out.

hey weezy

recipe's really good, i saw them a few times last summer when i was living in lake louise. i'm going to see them at the cambie i've been looking forward to it for awhile. thanks for the heads up about the other stuff smile.gif" border="0

meg

Right on. I'm looking forward to Recipe tonight. For some reason, they're playing here again on the 8th (at the same place) Maybe I'll check em' out twice...

Hey bouche, I think there's at least 4 or 5 local Vancouver bands that could fit the category, not to mention all the miscellaneous bands that frequent the west, like Vinyl, the Word, etc... Venues in Vancouver are plentiful, as long as the capacity is under 300 - larger venues are harder to come by - there's actually more venues with 300-500 person capacity in Whistler than there is in Vancouver shocked.gif" border="0

Cities - could include Van, Whistler, Van. Island (Victoria) + the Gulf Islands, Sunshine Coast and maybe the interior (Kamloops, Kelowna) (Seattle too, maybe)

Albertans have incredibly bad taste in music, so there's no need to cover Calgary or Edmonton.

all hail them asses!!

(If anyone's in Vancouver, themasses are playing next March 14th at Cafe Deux Soleils 2096 Commercial Drive - yeeee haaaa!)

On a side note - I can't log-in on my own computer - I think it's some kinda Windows 2000 setting - when I fill in my username and password, it still says I'm not logged in - does anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks Weezy. That info is what I needed.

Concerning logging into the forums, just make sure that you type in the password and don't let windows fill it in for you. If it 'remembered' a typo, or if you've changed your password since windows stored it, it'll be wrong.

That's all I can think of.

Originally posted by Schwa:

[QB]How is life in the wild, wild west there meggo?? this is english in case you didn't know already.

hey english, didn't know that was you but i was wondering who that chathamite was. who's ace?

the wild west is fine, beautiful weather. later, megs smile.gif" border="0

PS - is anyone going to see recipe in victoria tomorrow?

Hey Meggalina.

It's the K Dog. Engrish is over here boozin right now. Lookin for some green. Got any? hehe.

ACE is none other than Swifty!

Ratdog was awesome on Friday night. They are kickin ass these days.

You shoul dcheck them out when they hit these places;

3/30/02 The Met, Spokane, WA

3/31/02 Showbox, Seattle, WA

4/2/02 Mt. Baker Theatre, Bellingham, WA

not sure how close they are but i reckon close enough for meggo to drive to get her bobby fill.

See ya baby

kk