Jambands.ca

Live Music in Kingston this Friday...

D

Hey All, if anyone is looking for a great show this Friday (March 8th) in Kingston, I highly recommend checking out the band "Bodega" who are playing at the Scherzo. Its sort of "psychedelic pop" music, with tones of early Neil Young, Beatles and Pink Floyd. Theyre opening a couple of shows on Burt tour later in the month too, and I guarantee you won't be dissapointed. This is what Now magazine in Toronto had to say about them in their "artists to watch in 2002" section earlier this year:

Bodega

"Andrew Rodriguez dropped off the rock 'n' roll radar for a while, but Bodega's return to the spotlight with a kickass sophomore album was well worth the wait. Rodriguez is a true charmer onstage, moving effortlessly between guitars and keyboards with endearing sweetness and quirky, self-effacing banter that make for energetic, interactive shows. And "Without A Plan" rocks, post-millennial Pink Floyd-style, combining psychedelia-tinged big-guitar rock songs and jangly, Beatlesish indie ballads. Luther Wright may be rebuilding The Wall, but Rodriguez is rewriting it."

Thanks for sitting through my commercial, I'll be most likely working the door, I hope to see some of you out...

Darryn

And if you're looking for something to do in Kingston on Saturday night...

We ( http://www.ferriswheeler.com ) are going to be kickin' out the jams at Clark Hall Pub at Queen's. Not the greatest of venues, but we'll make due!

If you don't have a valid Queen's student card, email me and we'll put you on the guest list.

Yep, thats the same Andrew Rodriguez- he is the front man and songwriter for Bodega. I did go to the Andrew Rodriguez/Neil Halstead show, it was unreal. Two solo artists doing what they do best in front of an appreciative sold out crowd at the Rivoli. Neil Halstead is great- kind of sounds like a James Taylor/Nick Drake cross, very cool to hear as compared to Mojave 3 (which is also cool).

Hey Harpua, I'm doing real well...yourself?

I figure the Alfies policy will be the same as usual. Quite frankly, I didnt even ask this time, as I usually end up doing whatever I want anyway. They have all sorts of political agendas, I just want people to be able to see the show hassle-free. I'll have a list of guaranteed ticket purchasers, so I can throw you on that list plus however many extra, and you should have no problem at the door- let me know. That goes for anyone else too. I believe advance tickets go on sale soon though, so if thats easier...

Cheers,

-D