Jambands.ca

What'cha listenin to??

gentlemonkey

Guest Low Roller

This will label me a heathen, but I'm currently listening to Lake Trout, Thievery Corporation, and Yonderboi.

Me likey Phish too, so no torches and pitchforks at my front door please!

Guest Low Roller

Yeah, I was refering more to the Thievery Corp and Yonderboi. Listening to Lake Trout is still considered cool.gif" border="0

(I apologize profusely for the use of a graemlin to replace a word)

Guest Low Roller

The power of vibrant breaks and trippy beats.

Just think of the musical nirvana that is achieved by way of classic instruments (ala Grateful Dead and Phish), but approach it from the electronic/trip-hop side. Toss in some beautiful-yet-ghostly female vocals, and voila! Yonderboi.

Here' whats been playin' at the Dogtooth Cafe:

Kev's Cuts Vol. #9 (my mix tape series cool.gif" border="0 )

Kev's Cuts Vol. #8 (only 60 min. but a goodie)

Breakestra - a live tape from 1999

Cafe Del Mar - I know nothing about them

De La Soul - the album they put out in 1993

David Gray - I want to swallow a nail every time I hear it but I can't always control the tunes..

Ahh GentleMonkey, I was saving the five disc question in honour of my fiftieth post but "Mother Superior jumped the gun". Anyway, onwards....

the Philidelphia Experiment - Christian McBride is the shit

The James Taylor Quartet - Message From the Underground

New Deal - 6 22 00

Phish - 2/20/93 - Roxy Theater, Altanta -one of those CRAZY second sets -love it!

Hawksley Workman - 6/2/00 Ted's Wrecking Yard - one of Canada's most talented songwriters - check him out.

That's it. Thanks for some great March break suggestions!

I'm not in much of a groove right now--more like a rut:

"Wish You Were Here"--Pink Floyd

"Pet Your Friends"--Dishwalla

"Aerials"--Enter the Haggis

"20 Years of Jethro Tull" (single disk version)--Jethro Tull (duh!)

"The Final Cut"--Pink Floyd

I soooo need to get out.

You know it's serious when I crack open the Stephen Fearing CDs. The guy makes PF look like KC and the Sunshine Band. (And no, it's *your* vomit, *you* clean it up.)

In reply:

Velvet: Audiogalaxy if you can believe it. Some really nice girl helped me put it together. Email me if you want a copy (two discs).

GM: Yeah, what the fuck happened? I could have sworn I was on 48, 49 or something. Hmmmm, maybe time to up my medication. See you in T.O. potentially.

quote:

Originally posted by gentlemonkey:

Hey Arcane, does that jethro tull compilation have their version of bouree? i love that version.

Gentlemonkey ...

Nope, the single-CD version doesn't have "Bouree." Perhaps the boxed set does.

Added to today's list:

"Industrial Lullaby"--Stephen Fearing

Looked at the liner notes again last night ... I didn't realize that Tom Wilson shared some of the writing credits.

Other Good Stuff:

"Shed"--viperHouse

(Thanks to Bradm for introducing me to the wonder that is viperHouse. And nero. And Dr Huxtable. And ... sorry, I can't give you credit for introducing me to Lagovulin, but I'm always pleased to renew the acquaintance.)