Jambands.ca

Scene & Heard arrives in Ottawa

doubleB

Wow... what a great read.

Thanks to Mark Tonin for his hard work.

The first copies will be distributed at the Cafe Dekcuf Thursday night!! Come to the show and read a great interview with nero, Caution Jam and a few others....

Quivertwist

w/ Tim Toady

Cafe Dekcuf

221 Rideau st. (upstairs)

10pm $5

why don't you distribute them in record stores or something to actually promote the bands?

i can't make it to any shows for the next little while but i'd still like to read this free publication. please don't hold them hostage and make us pay for them.

ad

Wow! I totally loved reading Scene and Heard. It had me learning, laughing and, I admit at times, crying like a diaper-rashed baby. One word for you heads...COMPELLING! Great work Tonin man. I want you to autograph my copy when you're in town next week. It's certainly a collector's item. I see glossy pages in your future!

Nice work on the mag! I couldn't help but be surprised at a few bands that weren't mentioned, namely Grand Theft Bus, Downtime and of course Burt Nielson Band. No doubt these bands will be covered in future issues but I was surprised that they were barely mentioned in the cherry issue. These three bands are definately in the top 5 Canadian jambands on the scene (depending on if you count The New Deal as part of the scene). Lots of talk about Caution Jam who are an average cover band on their best nights. All in all a great read and i'm looking forward to reading the next issue.

ps. the article on Neil Young summed up my feelings perfectly.

pps. Downtime's bass player should definately be on the olympic roster. Same with BNB's keyboard player.

Great mag, great work, congratulations. And kudos to the fact that you've already recieved criticism. Nothing is real that hasn't been criticised. Keep going, Canada is the unabashed leader in the jamband thang, and this rag is poised to ride it all the way.

Synbiotic is my current favourite word.