Jambands.ca

Hey ACE-hole!

camanawannalaya

You are honestly happy that they trade for Tom Barasshole? (Thanks for that one Sloth)

They didnt have to give up much to get him aside from their entire locker-room's spirit and soul. Dissention!

The real game will be against Carolina though, hold the fort for us tonight Jose!

hey im in with keeping with Schwab.. i mean 4 goals against in his last 4 games and in the past ten the leafs are 5 2 and 3 very repectable... not saying i dont like the Barrasso part... mind u i know what he did to teh sens... but as long as hes just there as insurance im all over the trade for a 4th rounder...

I honestly think the Barasshole is locker room cancer (keep in mind im an incredibly bitter Sens fan).

All I can say is if Cujos not ready for the playoffs and the Sens and Leafs meet with Barasshole in nets there's gonna be some major drama. Seeing the Leafs crash and burn with that guy would be fucking glorious.

sheeeeeeeit!! i don't think barrasso will be too great for your leafs.he's barely .500 now. he will get a chance to play soon tho becuase schwab's horseshoe will fall from his ass soon enough. my WINGS didn't do you any favors by losing to the bruins today. even when the almighty

WINGS lose they lose and hurt to's chances at first place. gotta love it! tonight's prediction is schwab pulled early in the second. grin.gif" border="0

Who cares about Barasso...Senators swap Roy for Ylonen

(Mar 15) Ottawa Senators general manager Marshall Johnston announced today the Club has acquired centreman Juha Ylonen from the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for left winger André Roy and the Senators' sixth-round draft pick in 2002.

Ylonen, a 30-year old native of Helsinki, has collected three goals, 10 assists and eight penalty minutes in 65 games with the Lightning this season. He has played 326 career games between the Lightning and Phoenix Coyotes, recording 25 goals and 75 assists.

The five-year NHL veteran is also a two-time Olympian, being one of the original eight selections to Team Finland for the 2002 Winter Olympics Games in Salt Lake City and captured a bronze medal at the Nagano Games in 1998. Ylonen has also skated with Finland's national and junior national teams since 1991, winning gold at the 1995 World Senior Championship.

He was originally Winnipeg's fifth-round selection, 91st overall, at 1991 NHL Entry Draft. Ylonen was then traded from Phoenix to the Tampa Bay Lightning for Todd Warriner on June 18, 2001.

Ylonen played five seasons in Finland's top league, SM-liiga - his last in 1995-96 with Jokerit Helsinki under current Senators' director of player personnel, Jarmo Kekalainen.

Roy had six goals and 14 points for the Senators this season. His main role was to make space for more skilled players. He had 148 penalty minutes this year.

In 206 career NHL games, Roy has 13 goals, 31 points and 474 penalty minutes.

SENATORS ACQUIRE BENOIT BRUNET FROM DALLAS FOR 2003 DRAFT PICK

OTTAWA - Ottawa Senators general manager Marshall Johnston announced today the Club acquired left winger Benoit Brunet from the Dallas Stars, currently assigned to their affiliate the Utah Grizzlies, in exchange for a Senators’ conditional draft pick in 2003.

Brunet will join the Senators on Sunday travelling from West Valley City, Utah, where he was to play tonight with the Grizzlies against the Senators affiliate, the Grand Rapids Griffins. In his last game with the Grizzlies against the Houston Aeros on Friday (March 15), he scored their second goal in a 3-2 loss. Since being assigned to Utah on February 28, he had three goals and one assist in five games.

In 48 games this season, Brunet has collected four goals, 11 assists and 12 penalty minutes between Montreal and Dallas. Opening the season with Montreal, Brunet collected two assists in 16 games before being traded to Dallas with Martin Rucinsky in exchange for Donald Audette and Shaun Van Allen on November 21, 2001.

Brunet, who played his major junior hockey with the Hull Olympiques, first donned the Stars jersey on November 23 against Philadelphia and netted a goal. He then proceeded to appear in his 500th career NHL game against the Senators at Dallas on December 5. In his 32 games with the Stars, he has tallied four goals and nine assists.

Brunet joins the Senators having been a member of both the Stars and Montreal Canadiens through his career. Through parts of 13 seasons, the 33-year-old has played 526 NHL games, recording 96 goals and 158 assists for 254 points.

A member of the 1993 Canadiens’ Stanley Cup champions, Brunet had two goals and eight assists in 20 playoff games that season. In all, he has recorded 22 points (5-17) in 42 playoff games.

The Ste-Anne de Bellevue native was twice honoured by Montreal media with the Canadiens’ Jacques Beauchamp-Molson Trophy. The trophy, which he won for the 1994-95 and 1998-99 seasons, is awarded annually to the member of the Canadiens who played a dominant role during the regular season, without obtaining any particular honour.

Brunet was Montreal’s second-round selection, 27th overall, at 1986 NHL Entry Draft.

--------------------------------------------------

I dont like the Roy trade. I know the Sens really need a center but Roy was one of the few guys to show up in last years playoffs. (I dont think he and Jacques see eye to eye). Getting Brunet for a pick cant hurt.

I don't know if you heard Don Cherry's comments...They were priceless and the worst thing about it is I can't remember them...along the lines of Marshall you suck, why would they get rid of a French Canadian enforcer and pick up a Swede who only got three goals...(the funny thing is Ylonen is a Finn)

To respond to the earlier comments, i son't think Barrasso will lead the leafs anywhere but the toilet. My comment by yous Sanctuarians (no offense) was misconstrued because of the retoric that ACE and I have while in person. The two of us are avid hockey fans and very oppsed to each others teams. Therefore i was using the opportunity of the recent trade to have a little fun with him of course. I am sorry to those of you out there who actually thought that I as a Leaf fan would actually appreciate the acquisition of such a second rate goaltender by my favourite team as anything but S-H-I-T-T-Y!!!!! I infact do not like Barasso and have never appreciated his skills as far back as "94 when he suddenly lost all of his ability in one season. The skill on that back to back winning team was obviously the tandem i need not speak of.

This has been "My Two Cents" by Schwa.

P.S. You can't spell Schwab without "Schwa" GO LEAFS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO