Jambands.ca

wanna read a hilarious article on John Scofield?

MarcO

Weak article by a weak person...He goes into mass detail of how his views are wonderful and the "end all be all" but without any statments on what qualifies him as a great reviewer. This is probably another person that just doesn't "get it" and he probably loves death metal too....

Giggles grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

that dude falls under the title of conventional jazz fan. I hate it when people pick apart music to try to understand it. It's groove oriented music, not avant garde jazz.

I understand that uberjam is a great album but i know how to understand this music. That dude doens't because he can't adapt - which is what jazz is all about...adapting to ideas and expressing thought and feeling. Scofiend wants to express confidence, happiness, and life and this dude has his head up his ass so far he forgot that scofield's ideas aren't supposed to be in there. A player like that doens't pull anyhting out of his (or anyone else's) ass but I do understand where he's coming from...when you learn about music you forget about learnign about expression and creativity. That's why a lot of new jazz has been so boring(up until very recently) - people forget about the essence of sound and the mind because they can't learn it in music school.

too bad that guy is musical and doesn't get it yet.