Jambands.ca

holy shit, hold my ass!

SaggyBalls

I just got back from one of the sickest shows i've ever been to. Although it wasn't Jamband fare, there was a load of emotion and energy. I'm talking about And You Will Know Them by the Trail of the Dead, with Blurtonia and Explosions in the Sky. *Drool* trail of the dead has some definite post rock feel but it reminded me of an iggy pop meets sonic youth with some Fugazi. I was blown away by how tight the band was and the dynamic flowed allthe time. Loud AND quiet! Anyhow, one band I really should've tied into that was Explosions in the sky...because trail of the dead weren't really really quiet...but Explosions was. Superb! these guys were compared to Godspeed to me awhile earlier and i understood the similarity but they're very unique. It was the kind of music you'd like to listen to on a beautiful day and just look up at the rippled clouds or the hues of the atmosphere...just trippy envelloping droning harmonies filled with intricate melody...with great changes and awesome sounds. A Bass optional unit...3 guitar players can be very cool . Awesome awesome time. Blurtonia opened, Ian Blurton's band(ex change of heart) - rock out supreme! i loved it. If these bands would've made their songs mroe epic I think the world would be a better place but it's getting there.

Explosions in the Sky 3.19.02

Yasmin the Light

Greet Death

memorial

Six Days at the bottom of the Ocean

Magic Hours

...trail fo the dead 3.19.02

Richter

Mistakes

MDC

Gargoyle

Homage

fake Eyes

It Was there

Baudelaire

How Near

Days

Aged Dolls

teenHead

Totally Natural

From rock out to swirling creative inspiration to emotional unleash, tonight was super.

Sometimes you need aggression and raw feeling to offset the cloudy haze a funk groove can float you on.

the drummer/guitar/vox of trail of the dead was climbing on the bass bins, got into the stage, hwe even smashed a beer bottle and got a reluctant fan to slit his wrist..but the fan was hesitant enough to make it only cosmetic...which was enough for me...really awesome time...Someone videotaped it...it'd be cool to find a copy.