Jambands.ca

Thank you, thank you, thank you

Hello...this is mike here from the Burt Neilson Band....I guess I just wanted to thank everyone who has supported us in the last 6 years. As you can imagine I am very torn apart by this decision...I loved the But Neilson Band, more than anyone will ever know, I am very suprised and sad that it is ending. Music is my life..I love the feeling of creating. I will never forget the crazy moments I have had in this band...man I learned alot! Life in a band can be very interesting and hard, the fans of this music really helped along the way...everytime I stepped off stage and someone just gave a pat on the back..."good show man!", or everytime someone expressed to me how much burt neilson has meant to them...these are the things that when I think about them make me smile!!! Thank-you. To everyone who gave me a floor to sleep on, or shared a laugh with me, thanks. To everyone who ever sat and talked to me when I was having a rough time on the road thanks. To anyone who ever helped me out of a jam, because I was a broke musician, thanks. I am proud to call everyone I met along the way a friend...aand friends I will see all of you again, and trust me I am gonna keep jammin. These last eight show's are gonna be a blast, I hope to see all of you there, to say hello and so long to our good friend Burt who will be sadly missed. Mike filipowitsch

I think we all owe you a thanks too Mike, and to the rest of the guys. The band gave us hundreds of memories, and brought together many people who can now say they are great friends. You have given us the "excuse" to hit the open road and explore our beautiful country and through it all you taught us all a little about ourselves. Kudos.

This scene that exists here in Canada is the best in the world and now one of our favorites, innovators and ironhorses is now gone. Everyone out there should get out and support the last run.

"When you get confused, just listen to the music play."

See y'all in Saint John -> Halifax

Peace

Sean

Thank you so very much indeed for some incredibly exhilarating nights!

I'm going to miss Burt, without a doubt. I'm thankful that there is lots of music going around, so Burt can live on in it's digital realm.

I really hope that you stay in the scene. You've got a huge community of kind folk right behind you.

I also hope that you pick an avatar soon =)

email me a little graphic if you have anything you want to use.

so long and thanks for the Burt!

sad2.gif

Mike, BNB left me with some amazing memories, from the first time I saw you play Zaphods in Ottawa, and I was left wanting so much more...the Church at Berkly in Toronto, where the old wooden floors joined the audience in one mutual, sweaty, bouncy, wave...I remember feeling total bliss, dancing in a trance in Kingston... You were a perfect finish to a weekend tour a few weeks ago in London... Not to mention FRONTIER TOWN!!! Holy shit, did that rock my world!!! That may very well have been the highlight of my summer 2001. The news of the disbandment saddens me. You play together so well, though I have no doubt that idividually, you are all remarkable talents and will be supported in whatever endeavors you persue. Best of luck to you all. I will mourn this for a while. frown.gif" border="0

Thanks for the memories, you helped bring a lot of wonderful people together. For that you should be more than proud. frown.gif" border="0

being a newbie to Ottawa's music scene I am saddened to hear the news. Friday night will be my first and last time to see BNB. A weird feeling indeed and from the response seen here I wish I able to experience more BNB, but I am a happy to be able to attend at least one..

if you can make it to guelph next thursday, it won't be your last show dude!

it surely sucks about BNB's passing. I've heard people complain about newer poppier songs...which kinda offset me...why complain i said, to a reply of BNB's breaking up...and i thought it sucked when jefferey left the band...good luck to all of you...don't stop jammin!

and, yes, bellbottoms would rule at the guelph show.

Mike -

A great big thank you to you and the band from all of us on the east coast. So many great memories!

- the post-Phish party at the Atlantis still stands as one of the greatest concert experiences ever!

- so many funky incidents @ the Brickyard (RIP) including the "longest continuous set" ever w/ Dalai Lamas

- Evolve(s)!!

See everyone at the Attic on the 13th!