Jambands.ca

nero 3.31.02 @ Dekcuf, the challenge is on.

Velvet

I was really upset about the controversy re the Dekcuf and the ban on taping, as were many others. So I went and talked to the guy. Though he had some good points, I explained to him how important taping (either as a taper or a listener) is to this scene, and I also explained to him how proactive the folks in this scene are when it comes to getting out to the shows, staying 'til the end and drinking piles. Then I told him about that post here on the sanctuary and all the negativeness that was being aimed at his bar.

He stuck to his guns.

Then I tried to explain to him how important the sanctuary was to this scene; how most people that come to the shows read the sanctuary posts and actually take it pretty seriously. It pretty much came down to a 'prove it' scenario, and I said, "Look, all I would have to do is make one post on the sanctuary and this place would be full, when's your next opening?"

Here's the post and here's the deal:

nero is playing at the Cafe Dekcuf on Sunday, March 31st. Taping is ALLOWED. If, by making this post on the sanctuary, the place hits legal capacity (which is only 68 believe it or not, it was almost triple that the last time they played there), taping will be allowed at the Dekcuf for any show from now on, so long as you ask first.

Bottom line (figuritively) is that if we show our numbers we can actually change a rule that we want changed. We all know that Dekcuf is a wicked room with great sound, and we also know that there's lots of folks out there who like to tape and lots more who like to download/trade the shows, so grab your DAT's and your mic's and lets make it happen. See you Sunday.

Ps The Dekcuf guy is actually a pretty good guy and is quite reasonable. I think I might imply above that he's a bit nasty, but he ain't.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a beautiful thing (actually many) we have with this scene here and it's that we stand by one another when we think it's right. We all showed a bit of outrage when we heard about the no taping deal, or we tried to think of ways to mend it. Velvet (Thanks dude) has taken the step for us to prove that we are the "community" that we say we are. We need taping...it's part of what we do and Dekcuf is a nice place w/ a GREAT history. Lets get that mother rockin' like last time.

Giggles grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

Wow, I had no idea such a controversy existed... why did the Dekcuf dude have problems with taping initially? That boggles my mind... I mean, I've taped a few shows there in the past month, and I never got hassled, and I never bothered anyone. I'm glad that it's on its way to getting resolved though, and I'll be there next sunday for sure! If you know the answers to any of my above questions, I'd sure like to hear. Ciao.

BRAVO VELVET!!!!!!!

Let's pack em in!!

Maybe the Cafe will see that there is no better marketing or promotion for their bar than killer sounding nero bootlegs!

Glad to see nero again, glad to go to the cafe again, and hope that this may lead to many more nights at the cafe for all of us.

Way to go Velvet!

First of all, I am thrilled to have another nero show to go to. Fuckin' A+!!! Second, Velvet, way to take initiative on this. That room sounds too good, and carries too many memories to be dismissed so quickly. I am happy that dude may come to realize the power of the Sanctuary.

People PLEASE bring everyone you know to this show. I suggest we all get Sanctuary stickers to wear on our foreheads or something so he doesn't think it is all a coinsidence.

Velvet, thank you. wink.gif" border="0

Velvet, you're a star. The best part about this is that you talked to the owner in *his* language: money (i.e., attendance). I'll be there, and try to drag as many of my friends out as possible.

How about we try for a two-fer? I'm going to C.D. on Friday for Ferriswheeler / Dr. Hux*, and it'd be cool if we could pack the place two nights out of three with Sanctuarians, esp. if the owner recognized the people on Sunday as having been there on Friday.

Aloha,

Brad

* Yes, I know AMB is playing on Friday.

Guest Low Roller

Fucking right.

We'll pack that mutherfucker on a Sunday, and then there will be nothing that the owner can do about it other than like it. (And I'm sure he will).

Looks like I will be taking monday off afterall!

Right on Velvet and Nero!

Do you think that a printable graphic that folks can print up and hand in would help show who's supporting the cause, or will just being there be enough?

Regardless, that is a great opportunity to show our ultimate super powers off!

Well, I think Low Roller is onto something here.

Super Hero costumes (ah, but that was done for SCI NYE this year)

Semi-Formal attire (augh, Radio City Music Hall Phish)

How about Jungle Wear?

and then we can run with Harpua's starting all those jungle calls.......

quote:

Originally posted by bradm:

it'd be cool if we could pack the place two nights out of three with Sanctuarians, esp. if the owner recognized the people on Sunday as having been there on Friday.

He'd have to bleach his retinas to *avoid* remembering us.

Nice work Velvet!

I've been really concerned about negative vibes about Dekcuf lately. It really is the nicest room (of that size) for bands to play in town. It's encouraging to hear that the management might come around to our way of thinking...