Jambands.ca

Last nights rounds

doubleB

So I hit both shows last night.

I was the only one who hit either of them as far as I could tell. I didn't see to many familiar faces out there last night.

Wade O Brown was amazing! His band consisted of 2 backup female singers, guitar, drums, conga, keyes. Plus he played his own keys... I think there were 6 keyboards on stage. His first se was pure detroit soul.... sweet sounding booty music.... The second set was 100% Funk!! That set blew my mind, i was not expecting to see such a great show... I deserve it after the crap they put on last week.

I went to Babylon during setbreak... Jazzberryram...... I guess I don't get it. I thought they sucked large, pop rock crap. Beyond a cool name, I don't think this band has much to offer.

Sweet Merrcury night

I was at Jazzberry Ram until about 11:30. The music was played competently, but was more in the Frat House Party vein than groove/jam. I thought they were a pretty good FHP band, but they tended to ram (hey, it's in their name) their musical message home.

They started off with a Doors cover ("Blood On The Streets" [is that the song's name?]), and it sounded pretty Stax/Volt, which is a tough thing to get right. I think if I was a power-partying early university student, I'd go for it (as the refugees from Planet Luau were going for it), but my tastes are just in a different area right now.

Aloha,

Brad