Jambands.ca

I move too fucking much

Ms.Huxtable

Okay, here's the deal. I have never stayed anywhere for too long, free spirit that I am. I am currently trying to obtain my passport but haven't known any of the appropriate professionals for longer than the required two years. Does anyone know of someone who qualifies as a Guarantor and would sign my photo and write the number 2 beside "How many years have you known this chick?"

Guarantors must be:

dentist, medical doctor or chiropractor

judge, magistrate, police officer

lawyer

mayor

Minister (able to perform marriages)

notary public

optomitrist

pharmacist

postmaster

principal of primary or secondary school

professional accountant

professional engineer

senior administrator in a community college

senior administrator or teacher in a university

signing officer at a bank

veterinarian

Anyone? Thanks for your help!

Again, for those of of you who's time I have wasted, please accept my apologies and this spinning, trippy ball.

rayspin.gif

Actually, you can get a passport without a guarantor: you complete a "Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor" (form PPT 132, available from the passport office), and complete it at your expense in front of someone authorized by law to administer an oath or solemn declaration. It may delay your application, though.

(I found this by checking out the on-line passport application; it's described just below the list of guarantors.)

Aloha,

Brad

I had the same problem 2 years ago before I went to Central America. All I had to do was go to a notary public and had a very brief meeting w/ him (A formality - apparantly afterwards he knows you well enough to vouch for you) I bet there's one really close to the passport office. Then he signs the shit and you're good to go. There was a small fee (I forget how much) But it didn't affect the timing of my passport at all...

thats ridiculous - run downstairs (are you in the minto building?) hit that little post office guy down there and see if he'll sign for you (unbutton a button or two, that should do it)

it's a ridiculous list of names - my father was an accountant and my mother a registered nurse, he could sign, but she could not - it's just stupid

why haven't you known anyone for more than 2 years anyway? and why do you move so much? your ARE some kinda criminal aren't you?

Great advise from BradM, H and Weezy. Thanks very, very much.

How does one go about finding a notary public exactly? Is it in the yellow pages under notary clubs?

As for me being a criminal..well I have stolen many hearts and a vile of nail polish when I was 12. But the reason I haven't known anyone (that qualifies as a Guarantor) for longer than two years is (and I can't believe I'm spilling my life storey to you) that my father had a career that moved us to a different city every 8-16 months and I sort of caught the bug as an adult, moving from town to town to experience life. One town had me going to school, one town had me working as a trail-guide at a horse ranch, one town had me running the manifest office of a skyding dropzone, one town had me pretending to be a rockstar in the local jamband scene .... Next???

H, it's so good to have a face behind your avatar. I feel so...so....open!

And of course the Canada Flag with a pot leaf on it. We'd of never found you without it. Too many hot blonds running around the Ratdog show. (but none as fair as you ma lady)

HaHa - I was supposed to go over to England for the summer but i got shafted by the dude that runs the restaurant/bar i was gonna work at. All of a sudden he won't return my emails (woe is me)

Happy trails Ms. Huxty