Jambands.ca

montreal jam/jam bands/rane

smalrus

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the canjam scene (second year U.S. student at McGill). Had a few questions about what's going on in canjams. First off, other than Bullfrog, what other canjams are there in Montreal, and where can I find their websites?

Also, I'm looking to jam with some people sometime. I play rhythm guitar and am looking to jam with others/possibly form some sort of band next year. Where might I be able to find anything here in Montreal?

Lastly but not least, I rep for a jamband from Connecticut, they're called rane. website: www.ranetides.com. If you're into jam, check them out. Two live shows are available for download at www.projectflood.com or email me for shows/buying a CD. We're looking to book a gig here at Le Swimming in Montreal at the end of Montreal.

Thanks for the help and I look forward to talking to people.

Spencer

Bonjour....althought I'm not sure I personally consider bullfrog a jamband (I think there groove meistro's instead), there are a few in your great city I know of: jambolaya tala and parkside jones.

As far as any other info you require, I don't know...for jamming, perhaps danMTL (I think) the drummer for jambolaya can help you w/ that. Best of luck and welcome....

Giggles grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

*these are obviously NOT the only jambands that play in Montreal and I'm sure there must be more jambands than these three...slipping my mind I guess

Hey!

Yes, Jambolaya is my band, goto www.jambolaya.ca

50% of my band is montreal born/raised, the other 50% r from elsewhere in canada, but reside here now. Montreal rocks, but "jambands" are few and far between here(due to the unexplained local obsession with dj's/club music). However, the scene is growing in mtl, thanks to the out-a-town McGillies that crave more from their music than the trendy local scenes. keep in touch, we shouild meet up for some drinks and scheme up some schemes...Ive been saying for years how montreal's music scene needs an overhaul. perhaps if enough people around here put their mind together we can shake things up a little more. i can go on and on about how odd the music scene is in montreal, but i'll stop at that.

peace.

DANNNNNN

welcome to the neighbourhood!!

got to get more of a community happening between Ottawa and Montreal. The kids are there- i seen em! and the kids are definitley here, gig swappin and extension of the family is what it'll all about. i've heard of rane too, (were they called rana, or is that a different band?)