Jambands.ca

Phish on Austin City Limits last night

weezy

I don't know if you guys get the same public TV but did anyone else see that last night? It was accompanied by a brief interview with Trey where he mentioned Jerry as his main influence. Then they played a concert by Bela Fleck!?! Finally, something good on TV! I forget the exact setlist, but there was a killer First Tube finale. hmmmmm what else.... Twist Around, Get Back On the Train, The Inlaw Josey Wales (awesome title) Anyone know when this concert took place?

07-17-00 Sixth Floor of Communications Building B - University of Texas, Austin, TX

First Tube*, My Soul, Limb by Limb, Horn, Heavy Things, Back on the Train**, Beauty of My Dreams+, Gotta Jibboo, Piper***, Down with Disease, The Inlaw Josie Wales^, Driver, When the Circus Comes^^, Twist, Sleep#, Chalkdust Torture, Wading in the Velvet Sea, Possum##, Character Zero###, First Tube (2:30)

Taped for the "Austin City Limits" show, produced by PBS station KLRU. Show time was approximately Noon to 2:00 p.m. Attendance was approximately 400-450. *Trey was getting strange feedback and crackling noises; he said that they would play the song again at the end of the set. **Before "Back on the Train," the technical problem was fixed by "Bill Brown," as annouced by Trey. +Messed up first time around; then quickly re-started. ***After "Piper," fans were yelling many requests for such songs as "Mound" and "Esther" (possibly "Destiny"). Trey responded by saying that people always call for such songs, and "it's not that we don't want to play it, but we just forgot how...we want to as much as you." He also said that they came to see Bela Fleck for Austin City Limits in 1993 and pointed out where they sat. Trey went on to say that they don't usually play with a pre-written setlist, but they were doing so on this day. However, he said they were enjoying blowing off steam, so they were going to vary from their setlist. Thus, they played "Disease." Trey mentioned that this song was named by Page, and that Page let him name "Cars Trucks Buses." Trey also mentioned how you probably have to live in New Jersey (and drive the Turnpike there) to understand the title of that song. ^^Trey introduced the song as a Los Lobos tune and dedicated it to them. #Trey referred to "Sleep" as a song they do not play very often. ##Played due to overwhelming crowd request. ###Trey introduced this song by mentioning it was played at Fish's request.

wow

thanks for the eeeeenpho, back bakin' and NW

They didn't air: horn, down with disease, chalkdust, velvet sea or character zero. Plus the possum was much shorter than usual. (Trey was shaking his head at the end of it) Nice, unexpected TV treat, though...