Jambands.ca

postcard from Oahu

Velvet

Aloha, all.

Just saw this tiny internet booth on the beach so I thought I'd drop you all a line. Arrived in Hawai'i last night at 11pm (5am Ottawa time), and found a bar and partied/karaoked 'til about 5am. Don't know how I was still standing, 'cuz I had been pounding rye & cokes on the plane from Cincinatti onward. Spent some time at the beach today and got a tan poolside at the hotel. I think I'll try surfing tomorrow - I hear that's really popular here.

Actually found some live music at a place called Cheeseburger In Paradise. Indeed.

I am now inquiring into permanent resident status.

Aloha,

-velvet

Hey again. Of course I'm happy to still be living off Somerset. After all, as tropical and beautiful and blahblahblah as it all is here, it's still america, so I shant be staying. Bailed on the surfing today though, 'cuz my family arrived and we spent the day circumnavigating the island. Ate some yummy fresh pineapple and got myself three new hawai'ian shirts.

Btw, go figure, I got pulled in at customs. It's so annoying - go sit there and after 1/2 an hour and nary a word spoken/asked, they sent me on my way. Grrr.

Yeah, of course I got some nero cd's with me...gotta do my job, after all.

Howler - I found the tacky bouncy dashboard hula girls, $12 each so I'm gonna shop around.

Anyway, back to the island usual for me - too much beer, hang on the beach, stare at beautiful bikini's all around, and trying to track down the tastiest mai tai in Waikiki.

Keep cool everyone (pun entirely intended) and I'll see y'all soon.

ps In case you're thinking "why is velvet posting this shit, just to rub it in?" you're absolutely correct.

Aloha,

velvet

THIS IS NOT SLOTH IT IS HOWLER _ SORRY SLOTH TOES!! grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0 YIPPY!!!! I luuuuuvvvvv tacky, bouncing, dashboard Hula girls...I don't mind 12 buckarooskies - but if you don't mind keepin' your eyes peeled for a better deal, all the better...though if I can make one little request - I would like there to be a lai around her neck - ie- I don't realy want to see bouncing Hula girl BOOBIES...ya know? I think I've seen 'em in da movies without the coverage..I got worried when I remembered that...hehe...

thanks for remembering - have a good time and don't forget the sunscreen young man! grin.gif" border="0

OOOOPS!!! I couldn't have screwed up logins on a worse post!HAHA

Previous post not Sloth but me.

Certainly Sloth boy would not mind bouncing boobies. Though thinking of it, I don't think he would ever request you bring a Hula girl back period. Also I don't think ol' Sloth toes would ever say to ANYONE "don't forget your sunscreen young man" nor have I ever heard him giggle like a girl..teeheeheeheeeeee....ooops.anyways Aloha!

Well Howler, I saw 'em at $9 and this morning I scoped a place that had 'em for $8. If I keep looking I just might find them for free!

Still no surfing for me, but I did do some very cool snorkeling. Lot's of big fishies, and as always, lots of bikinis. Sigh. And blast the sunscreen! I wore some today (possibly for the first time in my life) and I didn't get sunburned at all! From now on it's just skin and sun.

Looking forward to tomorrow - we're moving from the Aston to the Hilton. Three swimming pools and onsite wandering penguins! Plus I think they have in room internet, so I might be able to check the sanctuary 300 times a day just like when I'm home!

Sorry, no digital camera, and I've only taken one picture with the old analog camera anyway. I hate seeing vacations through a viewfinder.

Aloha, and Mahalo.

-velvet