Jambands.ca

Trivia Time #2!!

AD

Before I fly out the door to the 67's game, I must riddle you all with the second installment of my nightly trivia series.

In a recent interview, Axl Rose was asked the 'desert island discs' question. ("If you were stranded on a desert island, what CDs would you bring and why?") He gave two answers. What were they?

Bonus section: What are yours?

Mine are: Rheostatics - Double Live; & Stones - Exile on Main Street (I limit my answers to two, keeping in line with Axl).

ad

What are Sabbath- Paranoid, and Led Zeppelin II?

Sorry I was watching Jeopardy when I found this.

My two Desert Island Discs (you cheated AD, 2xLive is actually two cds- but it is the Rheos so I will allow it)......

John Scofield- A Go Go, I know its been played time and time again but it is SOOO solid.

Beatles- Abbey Road, no explanation required.

Peace AD, see you out East soon?

Sean

Sean, I've been meaning to drop you a line.... Possibly out east during the summer. May I'll be in *Spain*, June I'll be graduating and seeing Trey in Vermont, July I might be in Trinidad, but I'll see if I can get some time to make a run for the (eastern) border.

Rheos still rule. Let's hope they win the 'Alternative Album of the Year at the Junos'... Ha! Alternative..... I'm picturing Creed playing Saskatchewan and it's making me laugh.

ad

geeze, i betcha the discs are all his discs

appetite for destruction, and the blue and red albums whatever they were called, they sucked.

----------

mine? shit, that's way too hard -- how many songs is that? can i burn a compilation cd? mp3 or analogue?

rumours i suppose is one...

Since interest is so low on this one, I'll post the answer and then be back with another question later on tonight. Maybe it'll be more interesting...

Axl Rose's two desert island discs are:

Queen - Queen II - "Because it's perfect"

Sex Pistols - Never Mind the Bollocks - "So a passing ship will hear me."

Next question in a little bit.

ad

i did see a biography on sid recently though where johnny rotten was crying as he spoke of the lack of respect he was given at the time of his death - making me think maybe it's all an act, eh?

they prolly hate the tunes tho...

i do however remember pete townsend stating under no uncertain terms that their first reunion tour was conceived strictly because kenny was low on cash and that he thinks any fans that would come to see them at this point were suckers.

i wish i'd never seen that cuz that damn statement stopped me from going to see them smile.gif" border="0

i figure i'd end up going batty enough being shipwrecked so i'd bring some john cage, sonic youth, grayfolded, misc space jams and some mime records.

if i could be shipwrecked on a weed filled island tho i'd take loads of groovy shiznit...nero shows, tower of power, some wierd ambient space rock like doves or some beautiful guitar quartet albums...always buy new albums for a trip because if you've got to listen to what you have already, you'll be reminded of home and it'll drive you crazy...that's why i hate the desert island question.

even though i could listen to ambient dub translations of bob marley it'd get old a lot faster than some chopin or jarre...even kraftwerk is pretty cool when you never heard the tracks and it's easier to get into music when you've got to focus on it. I'd want to take music i hadn't heard very much of or even at all...go based on interpretations and such...but then again i wouldn't really be able to choose...becuase i wouldn't choose being shipwrecked.

anyhow, it's 3:13...cool...anyways, that's my take on the most annoying question to a music lover.