Jambands.ca

think of the poor kids

wackamole

hey everyone, some of you may already know that i'm going to be heading over to jugoslavia (belgrade) at the end of this month (28th) to work on a film "trailer" that my freinds over there have written, we are going to make the actually film next year.

Anywho, my buddies are vermont phish heads and when i asked them if there is anything i can bring, they said MUSIC!! for the love of god, MUSIC!! I guess blank cd's are hard to come by, and many of their friends love phish, dead, clayppool but don't know about more obscure bands.

It became clear to me that I (we, the skank) might have the chance to funk the shit outta Belgrade, spread the music and the love from the phish sanctuary.

So, if anyone wants to burn a cd or two or three or what ever, bring 'em to 4:20, I'll pay you for the costs. I'd love to take about 50 cd's over. My freinds, gaelan and yasna have alot of cool buddies who are dyin' for the tunes. I'm sure we'd enjoy the many emails of love that would come back from the belgrade heads.

cheers, peace, love, 4:20skis

feel free to get me at: jamsand2001@yahoo.com

Wackamole (paul)

What we need is a short (approx. 1-minute) "Phish Sanctuary" theme song that could be burned onto CDs or used on web pages. (Or maybe a set of 30-second pseudo-radio-"ads".)

Now if I could just come up with a rhyme for "sanctuary"...

Aloha,

Brad

Guest Low Roller

"Actuary" rhymes with Sanctuary. Of course I have no idea how an accountant would fit into the theme song.

I may be making a gross generalization based on terrible European stereotypes, but they do have a CD player right? It would just be cruel to bring them 50 CDs if all they have is an 8-track running on vacuum tubes.

i'm sure they have cd players... actually, some of the images of people who had to flee their homes on foot when the fighting was happening were a little more poignant because a lot of the people were wearing like 'nike' tshirts and stuff - which good or bad, made me relate to them much more cuz they looked just like us...

yeah, they do have cd player's, but i guess the current laws or something, maybe just transport costs, make it hard to get blanks. I am going to take a few old tapes aswell because i was thinking that their technology might be a little sub par. thanks dudes.