Jambands.ca

Junos

h

howler feel bad...from now on if I say something sucks...know that I am saying it sucks- entirely in 'my' opinion...also if I say a band sucks it is by no means an attack on the entirety of their lives..and it doesn't mean that I think they are talentless alltogether..or not nice folks to be around..it means that I personaly was not moved by the music they played..and it doesn't mean that I think my opinion rules the universe..I would be horrified to think that if I started a band, everyone would said it was awesome..cuz trust me it wouldn't be...and if many an art teacher hadn't said my work sucked..well how would i have strived for improvement...still striving for improvement...am I making sense here? I do think positive re-enforcement is good but I don't like to take it too far. Gets too flakey...howler shut up now.

Hey Secondtube, the Further show you are referring to may actually be HORDE tour (Horizons of Rock Developing Everywhere). I also think the year on that show is 98. It was kinda like Blues Travellers summer travelling festival and in 98 it featured Harper, BNL, and Blues Traveller)

I saw HORDE a bunch of times and 98 definately was the weakest one and not surprisingly the last one i think. (keep in mind previous HORDE tours had Phish/Neil Young/Beck/Claypool/Santanna and I dont blame BNL for HORDE's demise - I blame Blues Traveller).

In BNL's defense the crowd was receptive to their their music (they brought a college party attitude to stage and got the crowd going a little and I think their bass player, Jim Creeggan, is fucking smoking on the upright).

**** HERE COMES AN OPINION PEOPLE AND ITS ONLY MINE SO SWEAT IT NOT****

In my opinion though they had no business being there. They bored me, they changed the flow of the music too much, I took the oppurnity to go the bathroom, I cheered extra loud at the small stage (where Guv'n Mule headlined that year) for more songs so I wouldnt have to go back to the mainstage. All in all it seemed like a sucking (yes H you too are entitled to decide if something sucks from your perspective ). At least in the states BNL came on before Ben Harper but not in Canada baby (note Im a huge Ben Harper fan).

Anyway I didnt love it but I doubt I have the talent to have properly understood the musical experience BNL was unleashing on my ass. grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

Yeah, dont get me wrong - it may not have been my favorite HORDE line up but I still went three times and enjoyed them all (I also went to UofT from 89-93ish and got plastered at a few BNL shows and had a good time).

Actually the point im trying to bring up is i'd love to get my hands on the Ben Harper from that show if you got it.

So it's settled then, thank you Booche. Despite the numerous names I must have been called from that "no talent, no comment" post earlier, I am still to be considered very nice above all else. spit.gif

I must apologize if I offended anyone. It's all to be taken with a grain of salt and meant to spark debate and thoughts.