Jambands.ca

Miracle Spring Water

gentlemonkey

Has anyone seen the Evangelist on channel 18 every Sunday at midnight. He is hocking a sample of miracle water (smaller than the size of a shampoo sample you get in mail).. by saying it cures cancer and repeatedly saying - 'you have cancer!! you're loved ones have cancer!!' while this creepy woman reads totally bogus testimonials from people who's cancer has 'dissapeared' thanks to the REverend's miracle water. The Reverend turns to the camera and repeats everything the letter said-except that he is warning the viewer that they are dying. and need miracle water to save them.

Then they shoot back to his 'masses' with him curing people.. it might be the scariest thing on TV and people are totally believing whats happening- or they are being paid to look like it... out of curiousity, a while back, I called the 800 number to ask about the 'miracle water' in terms of what kind of miracles i could expect, what it tastes like.. and the only way to get the miracle water is to buy this guys books. and that "miracles vary'.. what the hell wink.gif" border="0

I think everyone should check out this horrible fucking crook praying on the short comings of the elderly and the sick (next sunday. midnight- channel 18), and think of ways we can bring him down. We can be the super-heros of the internet!! grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

It is sick. but moreso the reverend is a picture of everything that is wrong with the world. Deception behind the veil of religion. specifically targeting people who don't know better or are so desperate for a miracle that they take a chance on this fuckers. some more choice quotes that i've remembered..

"this is the new prophecy"

"feel the healing power of jesus through me"

"you ARE dying, this can save your life"

i just find it so insane, when it's on i feel like i have to watch it for societal research, almost like bulllard.. this revolution will not be televised. smile.gif" border="0

Have you considered writing the station? If a TV station gets even a small number of complaints about a show, they're taken *very* seriously because they know that for every complaint, there are 10 (or 100) other people who are as angry but won't write.

Also, if they're making health claims (e.g., curing cancer), there may be recourse through, say, Health Canada: advertising unproven medical treatments is *seriously* not allowed. The show probably has some kind of qualifier that gets them out of this, but it might be worth checking out.

Aloha,

Brad, Who Used To Watch Rev. Gene Scott, But Not Religiously

People are always looking for quick fixes to their problems.

Why do you think new age spirituality is such a hot seller now? It's all the rage... But I can tell you right now, there's no spirital benefits to those that buy the books... only material ones to those that sell `em.

I mean, religion, spirituality? People use these to make money all the time. It's nothing anybody can help. For as long as people keep living, there'll be someone to cash in on it.

For instance, didja notice 3 years ago, Much Music was all like 'Hey, Swing's Cool.' and there was like a 6 month period where swing music was all the rage. People bought swing albums, took swing dance lessons and other stuff like that there. And while I like swing myself, I'm fully aware the only reason I got into it was due to media ramming it down my throat.

Busy, busy, busy...