Jambands.ca

hahaha

gentlemonkey

Guest Low Roller

Cookie Monster couldn't tell me why he enjoyed cookies so much, but I think we all know now. Between Cookie Monster, Snufalupagus and their pot, and Elmo with his blow, I'm surprised that I wasn't a junkie growing up.

I hear you Treyter. My head is still messed up. I am sure someone took out some agression on me. Did Shainhouse attack ME with the drumstick? I don't think he was watching what he was doing.

If anyone knows the explaination behind the giant bump on my head and the obvious concussion (sp?) please let me know. I need some answers.

Peanut butter you say? Nope I definitly wouldn't have guessed that. tongue.gif" border="0

Well, I just got to work after visiting the doctor this morning. I woke up and still felt the throbbing at the back of my head. I looked in the mirror and my pupils were very different sizes. So yes, I have a concussion, and yes, I was totally embarassed at not being able to answer how I got it. Someone must have laughed or something. If you recall seeing the event/accident/incident/act/??? PLEASE let me know. Ouchy. frown.gif" border="0

Tylenol for the pain and be careful not to further injure it (?). For some unknown reason, I'm suppose to be careful about the amount I sleep, but I slept for 14 hours on Sunday and 9 hours last night...seems better than the 5 hours I usually average. Am I to be careful not to sleep too much or too little? Why? Anyone out there that can explain this to me?

If you sleep...you may never wake up! Not meaning to scare you or anything...I would think your doing just fine having slept the amount you have but he means (and someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure I'm right) don't over sleep......

Giggles grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

Guest Low Roller

got this from a medical website:

Signs and Symptoms:

You should watch for these and report them to a physician if symptoms persist.

Severe headache that doesn¹t subside with acetaminophen (Tylenol)

Confusion

Restlessness or irritability

Pupils of different sizes

Convulsionss or seizures

Lethargic

Slurred speech

Bleeding from nose or ears

Unusual sleepiness or decreasing alertness

Vomiting more than twice

Treatment:

Is it okay to go to sleep?

You may become sleepy after a concussion. It is okay to go to sleep as long as a responsible person wakes you up every two hours to be sure you are easily awaken and not displaying signs and symptoms of a worsening condition.

Medication:

Only take acetaminophen (Tylenol).

IIRC from all the medical TV shows I've watched ("I'm not a doctor, but I've seen one on TV."), aren't you supposed to make sure you wake up every four hours or so? I had always thought that this was supposed to make sure you *could* wake up.

Ms. H, you should get more exact recommendations from from the medical professional you went to. If you can't, you might try Telehealth Ontario, at 1-866-797-0000.

Take care of yourself. Is there someone who can look in on you (e.g., make sure you wake up in the morning), as you might have for an elderly relative?

Aloha,

Brad

You see my dear Ms. H....when the head is struck with force, what may happen, and it did in your case is the brain actually riccochet's off the point of impact from the hit, and the opposite side of the head from where the impact was made, thusly resulting in two contusions or bruises that damage the brain. These are know as the coup and countercoup injuries. After some time takes place...possible hours or even days, a concussion will occur. You want to make sure you are woken up every couple or few hours during rest...you must remember this is a head/brain injury and some serious damage may have been done. It was a wise decision to consult a physician.

Giggles grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

Guest Low Roller

Also, find out how much time is needed before you can fly in an airplane. I don't think you're allowed to fly for two months after a concussion.

Shit, how the HELL did you get that thing?? shocked.gif" border="0

So are there any volunteers to wake me every few hours? grin.gif" border="0

Thanks for all the advise people. You are great.

No one saw a thing huh? Or are you all just keeping it a secret to protect someone? I sure wish I knew.

I have two months before I fly, but will look into it. Great looking out!

I feel ike Eric Lindross. Bruised brain. cool.gif" border="0

hey hux...yeah glad ya awoke after such a slumber..I received a head whacking 2 winters ago..garage door fell on my head...anyways the docter gave me oodles of paper work and sloth had to wake me every 2-3 hours and see if if i was still on the planet....your docter sucks if he/she didn't tell you more about it.

Did you go to the walk in? My opinion of the walk ins isn't very high...I figure they are there for one of 2 reasons...1)they realy care about folks and want to reach the unreachables

or2)they suck ass and couldn't get anything else going

I have never encountered 1 before.