Jambands.ca

ozzy

h

'The Osbournes' biggest hit in MTV's history

NEW YORK (AP) -- "The Osbournes," the reality sitcom about rocker Ozzy Osbourne and his colorful family life, is officially the biggest hit series in MTV's 21-year history.

Just under 6.3 million people watched last Tuesday's episode, up from 6 million the week before as the series continues to grow.

No MTV series -- even cultural touchstones like "Beavis & Butt-Head" and "Real World" -- has reached such heights. MTV has been trying to take advantage of the hit, playing series episodes 15 times a week.

"The Osbournes" has pushed aside professional wrestling as cable television's biggest show, according to Nielsen Media Research.

MTV has prepared three more original episodes before its season ends. But it may try to use footage to create up to three additional ones.

Every additional viewer just improves Osbourne's negotiating position. MTV is talking to the family about filming another season's worth of shows, but the Osbournes are reportedly concerned about tourists at their California home and may film part of a new season in their second home in England.

That does sound like fun. The only thing I have to watch is some crappy band called Phish playing in Prague.

I may have to hit morpheu/kazaa tonight myself and try and get a few episodes of something. I don't normally use my PC for watching shows, but this is starting to sound like fun.

I wouldn't mind sampling the ozzy show. Any jackass episode with Johnny Knoxville is worth watching.

Here's a list of episodes:

http://www.bigbadphil.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/episodes.htm

jackass.jpg

Well.....Thanks Bouche. I now have a better understanding of what my night's going to be like. CRAZY, CRAZY, CRAZY!!! Even the titles gross me out and make me laugh. I think I'll pick up a bottle of tequila on the way home. It is Monday afterall. wink.gif" border="0

How does it go? Snort the salt...drink the shot and squeeze the lemon in my eye? No probs!

if reba got her ozzy today from backbacon, i'm hoping mine are there too !!!!! so dont download those bouche -- i'm so excited, i even borrowed an old ozzy biography video from mark on sat and watched it yesterday in preparation!

hey stapes! i know you! doesnt ozzy look like a lizard there? the making of it is in the biography i watched yesterday. Along with an incredibly healthy looking lemmy.

the funniest story is the one about metallica wanting to play with him so much but being afraid to ask him during the tour. for the last date, metallicas road manager approaches ozzy and asks if they can come up when he does paranoid. Oz is like "sure man!" cuz that's what ozzy says to everything. He says "you've never seen such grins! they were grinnin from ear to ear! while they were playin' just smiling!" (lars also talks unfortunately - but his story is about how during their sound checks everyday they'd play a sabbath tune real loud just hoping ozzy would come out and sing)

When Ozzy played O-town a few weeks ago I ran into him as he was getting onto his bus in front of the Chateau Laurier...had a few words, noone else recognized him, he seemed somewhat "dazed"...was supposed to get back to me about replacing Sharon in Huxie....no word yet...(kidding about that last part, but the other is true!)

quote:

Originally posted by Dr. Huxtable:

When Ozzy played O-town a few weeks ago I ran into him...was supposed to get back to me about replacing Sharon in Huxie....no word yet...

Man, that's just twisted enough to be...horrendously psychotic...I'm trying to imagine Ozzy chiming in on "N.F.O." or "Switzerland" or "Will It Go Round In Circles" and am glad that lunch was several hours ago...

If he seemed only *somewhat* dazed, it must have been one of his good days.

Aloha,

Brad