Jambands.ca

If You Could Pick ONE Beer To Live Off Of... WHAT'LL IT BE?

shainhouse

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by dave-O:

Memories of your Queen's days, BradM?

Q - What's your favourite kind of beer, frosh?

A - Free beer.

Q - What's your 2nd favourite?

A - Cold beer.

Actually, and I may be dating myself, THE ("godlike", said the FREC) beer "when I was a Frosh" (said in your best crusty old coot voice) was Black Label...this was *before* it became stylish those painted bottles. For some reason, Queen's Engineers had adopted it as their beer of choice.

Memories come flooding back...waking up in a buddy's room the morning after the last exam in December...a floormate coming by..."Hey, you guys want a beer?"...Black Label at 8am...I carried the bottle cap as good luck charm for a long time after that...

Aloha,

Brad

If you like stouts, the one to try is St. Ambroise Oatmeal stout...a bit sharper than Guinness, with chocolate and coffee overtones that are to die for. They sometimes have it on tap at the Arrow & Loon. I like it more than Guinness (actually, Guinness isn't even my #2 stout; I put Brock's and maybe even Murphy's ahead of it. One of the things on my Life's To-Do list is spend time in Dublin and get the real thing.)

Aloha,

Brad

y'know the vitamins and minerals in guinness comes from the insects, rocks and dirt.

"Guiness - if socks were liquid"

i cant pick just one - it depends on the day, the mood, what you've eaten the venue

i like keiths to start cuz it's water, gets the pallet wet, then i can go for something golden brown coloured, or jump to a smithwicks - that would be nice. sleemans cream, sure that sounds nice too - or an upper canada wheat beer use to be real good...

but there are WAY too many factors to pick just one... i just love sitting in wooden bars drinking from the tap though smile.gif" border="0

sometimes even just playing trivial persuit with friends and drinking tap beer is the funnest time