Jambands.ca

If You Could Pick ONE Beer To Live Off Of... WHAT'LL IT BE?

shainhouse

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guinness, HANDS DOWN. The runner up would most likely be Hophead Beer (brewed by Tree Brewing company...err, was brewed by them anyhow). I only got to drink the stuff for a few months before they stopped shipping it to Alberta. Anyone in BC drink this stuff????

honorable mentions go to:

Sammy Smith Nut Brown, and Oatmeal Stout beers

Best name award would go to Moose Drool beer, brewed in Bozeman Montana (tasted good too).

quote:

Originally posted by h:

y'know the vitamins and minerals in guinness comes from the insects, rocks and dirt.

"Guiness - if socks were liquid"

You say that like it's a bad thing.

quote:

i cant pick just one - it depends on the day, the mood, what you've eaten the venue

Amen to that.

actually, if i'm in a strange place and i dont have a clue what they offer -> and especially if the music is loud Molson EXPORT all the way -->

cuz you can order it just by crossing your arms (for a quart) or fingers (for a small bottle)

this way, at least you can get a beer in your hand quick while you take your time to study the options...

this had never failed until i got to BC where they had never heard of the stuff.

then they had never heard of putting rye in gingerale - i was ready to pack up and go home ... but i straightened them out on that one.

It's true, h, we don't have the armadillo (Export) beer out here. Up until a few years ago, the east had never heard of Kokanee either.

I'm pretty sure it's the exact same beer, though - just like "cinquant" and black label are from the same vats. But really, if you're gonna drink Molson or Labatts, it's all the same shite. And, very coincidentally, I'm drinking a CC n' Ginger right now!

Another beer they don't have in the west is Upper Canada. I used to drink "Rebellion" all the time - it's nasty at first, but gets yummy after a few.

Im probably gonna be the only one to pick this beer but, my pick would have to be

Steamwhistle - IMO its a great pilsner. Its comprised of only 4 ingrediants Barley Hops Wheat and Water.... Nice and Natural....just the way i like it..... The average beer on the market has about 107 ingrediants.