Jambands.ca

One Step Beyond w/Jomomma- JUNE 1ST- Comfort Zone- Toronto

shainhouse

Yep, Jamie Shields is infact the former keyboardist for One Step Beyond. They were taking a summer off when Jamie approached Darren from Gypsy Soul and Dan from Que Vida for some impromptu sessions at the CoZo. Since then JS has been exclusive property of the New Deal.

But don't be dissapointed, his talents were wasted in One Step Beyond. I saw them (OSB) last summer at the Harborfront and they sound as good as ever with a replacement. Tight, tight, tight!

Sean

One Step was the first band i started seeing on a regular basis about 6 or 7 years ago. Jamie Shields was sick even back then and there guitar player was great as well. I think they've since lost both the Jamie and the old guitarist. Last time i saw one step was with Merl Saunders at the CoZo and it was great! The whole band was super tight and with Merl on the keys you just can't go wrong. I would love to see them again both for nostalgia's sake and due to the fact that i'm sure they will kick the funk as they always have.

One Step toured with Merl Saunders a few years ago and then Merl put out a live CD of the tour! Right before that tour I saw them at the old La Luna and it was one of the best shows I saw all year, it was seriously insane!! I remember the trumpet player getting so into it, he ended up lying down on his back in the middle of the dance floor blowin' away with people practically trampling him! Then I went and saw them at The Hudson (also in Hamilton) about a year ago and there were about 5 people there. confused.gif" border="0 The old guitarist (Andy _________) left for a while and then came back again.