Jambands.ca

Another Unlikely Pairing

February 13th, 1999

Set 1: It's All Over Now Baby Blue > She Belongs to Me, Twilight Time, Artificial Flowers, The Winners, Black Throated Wind, Victim or the Crime, Stuck Inside Of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again#, Ripple#

Set 2: Strange Heros, Minglewood Blues, Easy to Slip > Supplication Jam > Easy to Slip, Josephine > Other One > Bass and Drums > Wang Dang Doodle > Goin' Down the Road Feeling Bad

Encore: One More Saturday Night##

# with Mike Falzarano of Hot Tuna

## with Hanson

----

(excerpt from)

Lighting Up The Wetlands

by: Matt Iarrobino

Originally published in the March 1999 issue of JamBands.com.

The entire night, rumors ran rampant throughout the club of a "special guest". I ran into fellow writer Rob Turner before the show, and he knew something was up since there was an extra drum kit sitting on stage with a blanket over it. The New York Times reported that day that there would be special guests and that they would be three people that you would never imagine playing with Bob Weir. While walking through the crowd during set-break, I heard people saying, "It's going to be Neil Young!", and "Bob Dylan", "Trey Anastasio", "the ghost of Jerry Garcia!!" No one could have imagined it would be Hanson.

One look at The Hanson boys, of Mmmbop fame, and you'd think they were Deadheads. I spoke to them during soundcheck and asked them if they were into the Dead, and Taylor Hanson replied, "We like a few Dead songs. We respect what they've done over the years." I replied with, "Well how could you not?" The truth is, this appearance was engineered by the powers that be at the almighty Wetlands. When Pete Shapiro asked me two weeks before what I would think if Hanson played with Bobby. I thought it was a great idea, but, I did think he was kidding. When I walked into soundcheck that day to find Hanson playing One More Saturday Night, I realized he was very serious.