Jambands.ca

The Warlocks?

CyberHippie

This is a little blurb from their site ...

"The Warlocks were about a half dozen or so bands before they were big bands The Grateful Dead, The Velvet Underground along with a heavy metal band all used the same moniker. But hopefully the cards are right for us and we can keep it too. If we get shit I'll just change it slightly or something later..."

Whatever.

Last fall I went to Toronto to see the Dali Lamas. The opening act was called "Haight Ashbury". They fucking sucked!

I saw the wanker lead singer in the john after and rather sarcastically said they were good and asked why they used that name. He proceeded to fill me in on the great scene that existed in the late 60's, which he really enjoyed and was influenced by. I didn't respond. Just walked out.

False advertising if you ask me.

Well, in 89, a band we all love and know played a couple of 'stealth' shows on October 8th and 9th billing themselves as 'The Warlocks'

10/08/89 Hampton Coliseum - Hampton, VA

Set 1: Foolish Heart, Walkin' Blues, Candyman, Me & My Uncle > Big River, Stagger Lee, Queen Jane, Bird Song, Promised Land

Set 2: Help On The Way > Slipknot! > Franklin's Tower, Victim Or The Crime > Eyes Of The World, Drums > Jam > I Need A Miracle > The Wheel > Gimme Some Lovin' > Morning Dew,

E: We Bid You Good Night

10/09/89 Hampton Coliseum - Hampton, VA

Set 1: Feel Like A Stranger, Built To Last, Little Red Rooster, Ramble On Rose, We Can Run But We Can't Hide, Jack A Roe, Memphis Blues, Row Jimmy, The Music Never Stopped

Set 2: Playin' In The Band > Uncle John's Band > Playin' In The Band Reprise, Dark Star > Drums > Jam > Death Don't Have No Mercy > Dear Mr. Fantasy > Hey Jude Reprise > Throwing Stones > Good Lovin',

E: Attics Of My Life

Well, in those famous words of Arnie calling Gateway Computers,

"Yeah"

"Yes"

There is a 1 minute blip on Mirror Ashes of that DarkStar. Most of what you hear on the second disc is 02-13-70 which runs from the start to about the 15 minute mark, 10-09-89 then comes in which is lapped by 04-01-91 (Insert evil Weezy grin here) and then everything goes everywhere.

If anyone doesnt know what BradM is talking about, it is from John Oswald called GrayFolded (2 cd's). Probably the trippiest disc I own (WOW! Really Booche?).....

Good ole John-Boy grabbed various Darkstars from the years and 'layered' them so to speak. In essence, at times you have a 69 Jerry jamming with an 89 Jerry and various members/years/versions in between. Get this disc. grin.gif" border="0