Jambands.ca

That was fucking brutal!

PassedOutGuy

I agree, that was a pretty tough break.

If the tables were turned Id want the call (especially if the Leafs scored right afterwards).

I personally dont think the refs should put their whistles away in the 3rd no matter what the score is. They called some cheap penalties against both teams in the first two periods then let a pretty rough hit go.

I watched that hit about 17,000 times and I thought it was as clean as...something that's really clean...Tucker was just embarrassed that he got leveled by Alfie...

What a cry baby Domi is too....

I can't stand the Maple Leaves at all any more...

I ain't no Torontonian, and I am no wannabe!

Screw it all...Game 6 here we come!!!!

and the NHL agrees with me!!!

From tsn.ca

TSN has learned that the National Hockey League has decided that there will no supplementary discipline for Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson.

Hockey Operations staff for the league reviewed Alfredsson’s un-penalized hit from behind on Toronto’s Darcy Tucker which led to Ottawa’s winning goal by the Senators’ forward, but decided not to suspend him.

reality check please...

I know Sens fans are happy they won but lets get serious here.. there is no place in the game for hitting from behind... i dont care if it is against your most hated team... i would not wish anyone to be paralyzed or even killed on the ice.. why do u think the international ice hockey federation plays the icing rule when it crosses the line...

Give me a break...The NHL is not trying to protect anyone...They have suspended many players without thier being a penalty call...In my opinion it was a clean hit, not from behind at all. It was clearly from the side and Tucker was off balance...It's as easy as that...Ottawa finally plays aggressive and the Leafs can't take it...

Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention that Alfie is the biggest guy on the ice, tallies more than 300 penalty minutes a year, and has been suspended 15 times in his career. I'm sure Alfie meant to do it too!!!

It's all part of the game...It's not the IIHF it's the NHL, these guys are paid big bucks to take hits...If one gets out of hand so be it...It's not like it was Chara that demo'ed him, and if it was that severe the NHL would have definately suspended him.

Them's the breaks, The Sens lead the series, it's off to game six...

Oh and one more thing...Why did CBC embarass Ottawa with all the debris on the ice, but did not show it in Toronto...I guess Leafs fans are just as classy...

One more thing...I watched the game at MacLaren's on Elgin last night...Leafs fans are also really obnoxious...Paying more attention to my better half then the game...Get a life...

That;s it, I am done!

I watched it at least 7 times drunk last night, and thought it was a clean check.

I'll watch it sober today and get back to you. I am unbiased and like Dingy, I thought it was from the side and that Tucker was off balance.

Man, I am sick of whining Leafs though.........

(Hey PoG, reality time. You are a complainer. You are one not not to complain)

I have to agree with Booche...

last night all i could say was clean check, and i just saw it again, and it was from the side....it hurt poor little tucker because he was a coupla feet away from the boards (and he's fragile) not because it was a hit from behind.

1. I'm glad tucker got nailed (he's a cheap bastard) He can dish it out but boy he cries like a little bitch when he gets it eh?....see his face on the ice??? I swear I saw tears!!!!

What a loser...he got fucked by his own style of play...i love it...i wonder if big domi will have to go protect little tucker from big Alfie in game 6.

2. I'm glad it was Alfie that did it (he's the fucking man)

3. I'm really glad they scored right afterwards

4. I'm really glad it was Alfie that scored the goal.

quote:

reality check please...

I know Sens fans are happy they won but lets get serious here.. there is no place in the game for hitting from behind... i dont care if it is against your most hated team... i would not wish anyone to be paralyzed or even killed on the ice..

hey POG...what do you think of your clutch Roberts then bud???

yeah that's what i thought.

wll no matter how many times i watch it im stickin to my feelings... if not hitting from behind it was at least a boarding call.. i agree with Don and Ron on that one...

and at least Don had the class to say that Alfie did what he had to do to score... he wasnt giving it to him he was giving it to the officials..

all i have to say is that i've lost a lot of respect for Don this playoffs...zednek hit, robert's hit from behind...don's an ass. he just sticks to his teams he likes, and says any shit he can to defend them. he is totally biased.

still funny to watch and listen to but he's an ass.

Ive havent seen a replay yet (except for the one I got during the actual game). I definately held my breath for a second after that hit and waited to see if the refs arm would go up. I also jumped for joy when they scored and I dont have alot sympathy for old Darcy (His whole bug-eyed penalty box freak out on everything in sight whine-athon routine is tiresome).

If it wasnt boarding then it was definately fucking close which brings up my point that if it happened against the Sens I would be wanting the call (and probably not getting it).

Which then brings up the debate whether the refs should put their whistles away or not at the end of playoff games and thats a big can of worms.

Its been that way for as long as I can remember and I sure as hell felt the Sens have been screwed by it in the past. Ill spare everyone my rant about the refs from last years devastating sweep.

I totally agree the league shouldnt have suspended Alfie and it has nothing to do about not embarassing the refs. Both players were skating hard the puck and both players knew the other was there. Darcy put himself in a pretty bad position trying to get to the puck (give him credit, he hung himself out to dry in attempt to clear it, I still hate the weasel).

As far as it goes about whether it was from the side or from behind Ill have to see a few different replays. Ill have probably have seen it a 1000 times before the start of next game.

GO SENS GO

I'd like to start by saying that I'm not a huge hockey fan. I did see the hit last night however. It seemed to me that the hit wasn't any more cheap than any other hit I'd seen. The only difference was the guy seemed to get hurt(Kinda like soccer players seem to get hurt). Hockey's a rough sport and the Leafs have dished out their share of roughness in the parts of the series that I've caught. I don't understand what the big deal is. Maybe you hockey fans can enlighten me.

As a ref for 8 years, lemme tell you WE DO HAVE FAVORITES. subsequently, we have ENEMIES.

If you cry as much as darcy tucker does, waving the towel being the cherry on the cake, don't expect the calls to go your way.

Everyone knows this. The NHL is comprised of well over 1000 players, and why is it there is a hand full considered poor sport whiners. If you are in this list, which tucker is, you get the treatment.

If it was Roberts, Caberle, etc. the call would have been made.

Good Call.

oh and i guarentee he's fine. He went in flat arm first, not head, and will be probably starting next game.