Jambands.ca

What's the Deal?...

moe.ron

apparently it starts at 8:00. They have the new deal listed and then one ton - but I'm assuming that the new deal is headlining?! Ah well, the earliest I can be there is 9:00 if I'm lucky so hopefully I won't miss the show. Can't wait to see you all there! grin.gif" border="0

check out the tulipcam. goto http://www.ottawa.cbc.ca/index.jsp and there is a link at the top of the page. it's focused on the stage right now. current temp is 7.5 degrees with a WIND CHILL of -3.9! I'll have the long johns on tonight IN MAY!

(tonights low is 1 with wet snow in the forecast. tomorrows high is 3. guess I won't be bringing my 4 yr old daughter to see Bruce Cockburn.)

shocked.gif" border="0 wowzers! Way to brave the cold fine feathered freinds! grin.gif" border="0 This duck was undercovers watching that new animation -Metropolis- crazy ass backgrounds..story was a bit simple but I realy enjoyed it..the towers were very trade toweresque...I will watch it again just for the backgrounds....anyways did N.D play well? What crappy weather to have to play outside in. grin.gif" border="0

tND are like money in the bank

The nice things about the Tulipfest when there are only about 100 people there and it is pouring.....

1. you get in free.... I walked right in the front door and no one said shit, they were all hiding in the ticket booth

2. easy to find your friends.... There was no searching, it was pretty easy to find anyone in that sparse crowd.

3. free beer...... when you're one of the only people around, others naturaly assume you're staff and give you beer grin.gif" border="0

4. Flyering takes 10 minutes.... it only took 10 minutes to pass the D&T word around, plus yrou can chat with everyone who says "Drums and Tuba?.... wicked!!"

5. People are nicer..... the nasty elements seem to make a friendly crowd even nicer, people were only to willing to hold my umbrella as I struggled to lite a bowl...

6. The band plays the elements.... tND, found some sick rainny day grooves, at times reaching way back to some twisted, wet, trippy jazz....

All things considered, this was a great experience and a lot of fun. Dancing in the rain with soaking wet winter clothes on is difficult but no one on the hill was standing still.

Quote of the night....

After grooving out for some 30 or 40 minutes, moe.ron pulls her head up and turns around to survery the empty field behind her, turns to me and says in disbelief

"what?.... were not filled up yet?... shessh"