Jambands.ca

I'm working on bringing THESE bands to Canada... Please comment... Need Input...

shainhouse

Rana

Rebus

Topaz

Dexter Grove

Sim Redmond Band

Om Trio

Uncle Sammy

South Catherine Street Jug Band

Acoustic Syndicate

The Ally

Ulu

Tim Herron Corporation

Mountain Of Venus

Apartment Three [June 7th- Holy Joe's, Toronto]

Nucleus

Mindface

Gabe Dixon Band

Aaron Katz Band

Umphrey's McGee

Who's The Fat Guy?

Zyrah's Orange

Peach Melba

Brothers Past

Ancient Harmony

Seth Yacovone Band

Motet

Guy Smiley Blues Exchange

The Slip

Dr. Didg

Sweatin' Like Nixon

Redheaded Stepchild

Deep Banana Blackout

Ray's Music Exchange

Yonder Mountain String Band

The Waz

Lachoza

Wide Awake

Psuedopod

Hopefully, you will see many of these bands at the Comfort Zone in the next year or so. If you'd like them in Ottawa, Brad, e-mail me and I'll give you whatever contact info you want. Once they are here let's make it worth their while.

Any other suggestions of bands, let me know and I'll get on it.

Peace-Shain

I've hear these bands and would definitely travel a few hours to see them. AS for the others, I'm sure they are great too. I would check them out too.

Living less than an hour from the Detroit border, it is quite handy to see a pleathora of great bands within an hour's drive. If a number of these bands were to play TO, that would greatly decrease cross border "shopping". Having more great bands come to TO would substantially rememdy the border hassle and boost the CDN scene too.

Uncle Sammy

Acoustic Syndicate

Umphrey's McGee

Ancient Harmony

The Slip

Dr. Didg

Deep Banana Blackout

Hey man, obviously I'm just kiddin' around. I haven't heard most of these bands but I think at the right price, or as part of good bills, I would check most of them out. I'd be particularly interested in:

quote:

Originally posted by shainhouse:

Ulu

Umphrey's McGee

Seth Yacovone Band

The Slip

Dr. Didg

Deep Banana Blackout

Ray's Music Exchange

how about trying for STS9 or Keller, or Particle, or Robert Walters 20th Congress, or Garaj Mahal? It would be cool to check out KW in a small place like The C-Zone.

Oh, and if you can book Ratdog for the C-Zone, I won't try and stop you! grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

YMSB is super expensive, so don't expect them at a place like the Comfort Zone anytime soon.

Here are the bands that have responded to me and are interested:

Dr. Didg [probably mid fall]

Lachoza [Late summer]

Wide Awake [fall]

Rebus [august]

Om Trio [October]

Addison Groove Project [late july]

South Catherine St. Jug Band [august]

Aaron Katz Band [ASAP]

Mountain Of Venus [fall]

Nucleus [fall]

All the others haven't gotten back to me yet. I'll e-mail Particle and STS9. Keller is too expensive and his last trip here wasn't great for him and Umphrey's may be too expensive. I'll keep working and hopefully we'll get american music here soon.

Uncle Sammy

Townhall

Psychedelic Breakfast

Expect these three at the cozone before september, hopefully. Uncle Sammy for sure.

Peace-

another band that i'd love to see up here is the Big Wu. they are from Minneapolis and I saw them grow from crowds of 15 to 500 in less than 2 years while I was living in Omaha. In the apst year they've played the Higher Ground twice, I think. I was thinking that it would make sense for bands like that to play burlington, VT and then make there way to ottawa, toronto and then back down to the states. these guys are the shit!

seth yavacone band - never heard any of their stuff but I've heard good things about them. I just downloaded last months hsow at the higher ground but have yet to listen. and fwiw, I know the guys at Furry Thug Productions (they manage SYB) and can put in a good word.

I must say YMSB would be incredible...especially at the Zone. Too bad about the price, but keep on that. I must say as much as I love Keller I wouldn't come back to T.O. if i were him.

He played before Charlie Hunter Quartet at the Opera House, a fantastic double bill and the place was two-thirds empty. However, he has been pretty easy to see in the NE> just played buffalo, opened in Ann Arbor for Cheese. Its not bad considering how bad a reception he got in T.O.

see ya'll at Come Together

Here's the ones I'd like to see up here most:

YMSB (too bad they're so pricey!)

Umphrey's McGee (" " ")

The Slip

Uncle Sammy

Deep Banana Blackout (did they play the Zone before?)

Ray's Music Exchange

Dr. Didg

Dexter Grove

I'd love to see any of the above play Frontier Town too!

Speaking of Canadian bands getting gigs in the States, I was on the Scottypaluza site the other day and noticed theres no Canjammers this year -- first time in a few years I think eh? Wonder why.

Bringing Canadian bands to the U.S. is something I'm also working on, but there are only so many hours in the day.

Don't expect:

Keller

Umphrey's

YMSB

to be here anytime soon. They are all too expensive.

Nero will be playing in the states and so will Jomommas soon. GTB is only a matter of time.

Keep well,

Shain