Jambands.ca

Question o' the Day

Dunno if I can initiate one of these, but I'll give it a valiant effort (I don't even know if this question has been dealt with before)

What makes a fan a real fan?

I'm looking for a fan of a specific team, not a fan of a sport in general, or a fan of Canadian content in the Playoffs. I wanna know what you think it takes to be considered a real fan of a team and not just an annoying Bandwagoneer!

Well there's a question.....Every fan, or phan, in my opinion is different. What makes a fan? Loyalty to the team? Knowing stats? Quirky game get-up garb? All of the above or none of the above? You be the judge. That's a tough question. A different answer for every person I'd say.

Cheers....Can

You see, I'm a hapless Canucks fan... destined to watch the playoffs (from the second round on at best) from the sidelines. Been there cheering them on since I was about 10 (when I could appreciate three straight hours of hockey, rather than just an hour in the freezing cold on the street)...

I have almost psychotic superstitions surrounding how I can help the team win - do I wear the away sweater tonite, or should I just stick with the ratty t-shirt? Was it a hamburger I ate last time they won in OT? Alright then waiter, I'll take the Royale with Cheese!)

I've also pledged that in the event that they win the Cup, I will forfeit most of everything that I own and live in a cardboard box as thanks to the gods!

So, that's kinda what I was looking for...

grin.gif" border="0

A cardboard box, eh? Now that's loyalty. I've got my home and away shirts, my toque and lighters for all games. But I don't consider myself "hardcore" as I've seen many fans who's loyalty and sheer admiration is incredible. But you get a good mix of fans anywhere and the difference between everyone is cool.

Good job on the definition Phakinit!!! Always have a dictionary close by!!!!!

Cheers....Can

How to spot a bandwagon fan

1. They don't watch the regular season

2. They don't pay attention to the game but take glory in the results, if favorable.

3. They couldn't name a third line player if their life depended on it.

4. They won't feel the loss when their team gets bounced

5. They don't own a jersey

Never seen you wear a Sens shirt doubleB. If your a true fan, youd probably wear your point #5 shirt tonight. But then again, your probably too scared of an embarrasing loss tonight and dont want to be shamed for the rest of the night. tongue.gif" border="0

Or when you live right next to the Corel centre (Kanata) but never go?

How to spot a band wagon fan #2:

Take your age, subtract the age of the franchise. If the total is equal to or greater than 8-12, you must have hurt your ankle jumping on the wagon.

(I have been picking on Leaf fans a little too much lately, I am just trying to even the score here)

None the less, good luck boys and girls. I hope you all get to enjoy the game.........