Jambands.ca

David Blane (street magic)

Stapes

I love this guy. Without a doubt my favorite magician. Love isnt even the right word, more like Im in awe of this guy. (I blew Howlers mind when I made her watch it)

If you havent seen this special before its a must watch. This is no David Copperfield, this guy is interesting. Im not joking. Set your VCR and tape it cuz you'll wanna watch it again.

Thx for the warning Stapes.

Yo Charlie, Thats ABC at 10pm.

Its a whole new special called "Vertigo" and I guess the trick is balancing on top of a 100 foot pillar for 35hours. Its more a physical trick as opposed to his slight of hand shit which i just love. Im sure they will work in some other crap though.

I was kinda of hoping it was a re-airing of his special "Street Magic" were he sticks to mindblowing card tricks and levitating (you have to see to believe it).

I've heard about this guy lots but I always seem to miss the specials when they come on. I heard about before the event for once and thought I'd let everyone know so as they don't share my fate.

Sounds awsome Scotty tell bodacious B to bring it with him when he comes back to O town.

“SEE YOU GUYS in about 35 hours,” Blaine told reporters as he was lifted by a crane to the top of the pillar behind the Fifth Avenue branch of the New York Public Library.

Amid cheers from a few hundred fans and curious passersby, Blaine stepped onto the pillar, which at its peak has a width of about 22 inches. Event organizers said Blaine is not harnessed to the column and the only concession made to safety is two handles on either side of Blaine, which he can clutch onto in the event of intense winds.

The stunt will culminate on Wednesday night when Blaine, who models himself on the legendary Harry Houdini, dives from the platform onto corrugated cardboard boxes. The end of the spectacle will be shown live on an ABC television special called “David Blaine’s Vertigo.”

When asked why his public spectacles have been sheer endurance tests rather than magical feats, Blaine said a magic-themed stunt would be “the next thing. We’re still working on it. But endurance is also important to me because it represents something greater ... It’s a sign of trying to do your best to do something.”

I couldnt freakin sleep the whole night I watched him levitate and then get ill!!?? Everyone should just accept the fact that he has the most profound relationship with his shakras. IT'S ALL REAL.THE NEW DEAL......'member when he bit the quarter in half then blew it back together???....IM goona be sick... frown.gif" border="0

Mr. Blaine is amazing...some of the best stuff that he does is not the actual magic, per se, but the reactions he tries to get

Like when he 'apparently' passed out on the sidewalk or took that wee miny bike for a ride down Broadway or whatever street that was!!! People's reactions are just amazing!

Notice the third-man in on the watch trick?!? The age old hand off to get it in the jewellry shop window...

This guy will be around for a while (hopefully)

I totally saw the 3rd guy on the watch thing, but that's besides the point: he got the watch off the lady without her noticing, then handed it off, then put his hand through a newspaper/glass window to grab it??? What the hell was that???

that freaked me out...i still don't know how he did that unless everyone was in on it...i'd love to see something like that in real life, not through a camera. Shit like that would blow your mind away live.

the endurance and mind control that guy has is intense,,,it's reminiscent of kung fu masters in old china monestaries who can do anything they want physically just because their mind is so controlled.

"do you think that's air you are breathing right now?"

i also like the way david blaine talks....totally freaky. he sounds like a really laid back heroin-head. very erie.

my 2 cents.

Despite what might have been the hand off, there IS way too much this guy can do...I personally loved the one were he filled up buddy's super can and phreaked the guy out so bad he broke his shitty headphones!!!!

Anywaay, 34 hours plus on top of a pole is unbelievable! And yeah, he talks like he's been well supplied with opiates...

His best trick so far, however, is meeting that fine looking wife of his

shocked.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0