Jambands.ca

HMV cd sale

MarcO

Just thought I'd spread the word that HMV actually has a half-decent sale on right now. 3 CD's for $33. What's good about it is that they actually have a number of interesting "catalog" titles, not just clearance shit. For instance I just picked up:

Willie Nelson - Red-Headed Stranger (Legacy series reissue)

Steely Dan - The Royal Scam (remastered version)

The Byrds - Sweetheart Of The Rodeo (Legacy series reissue)

I was pretty happy with my catch! Also, I had to put down the Jimmy Smith, Marvin Gaye, Van Morrison, Cecil Taylor and Cannonball Adderly CD's I was going to get before financial sanity sunk in.

Also, yesterday I nabbed a used copy of the Miles Davis "It's About That Time: Fillmore East March 7, 1970" CD. It's good but it's a fucking racket! Just be warned: it's a tough listen, but rewarding. It's funny to think that after Miles and co. blew that shit out at the audience, The Steve Miller Band and then Neil Young and Crazy Horse came out to do their sets. And then they all did it again that night (back in the days of "early" and "late" shows")!!!

Ridiculous! [Eek!][Eek!][Eek!]

Haha Marc, I was in the same boat as you on the weekend.

I had 5 potential picks... So what did I do? I broke down and added a 6th. DOH!

I ended up getting the Van Morrison and Jimmy Smith you put down... I addition, Neil Young, Billy Bragg/Wilco, Bill Withers, and Barry White...

I wasn't intending on getting six, but I'm happy with my pics...