Jambands.ca

Dand T review..

gentlemonkey

Hey Monkey Man, we miss you like crazy and hope you're having a great time. This was my third time seeing D & T and they once again blew my mind. The first time I saw them, I had to keep my eyes bugged on the stage, watching the spectacle that this band is. The figgity guitarist and all his crazy cutlery antics, the drummer, just for the sheer joy of watching talent and I mean THE TUBA!!! It's not every day we get to witness a looped tuba. Not that I have them entirely figured out, but I found that for show three, I was able to close my eyes and let the music possess me, and possess me it did. My feet were moving to the drums, my hips were moving to the tuba, my head and arms flailed to the guitar, my blood was flowing psychadelic colors! I couldn't get enough. It was obvious that the guys enjoyed themselves in Ottawa as they had a VERY appreciative crowd. 1 gigantic set and three encores put these guys in my good books forever!

Grand Theft Bus was Grand Theft Bus. Wonderful every time. Love those guys.

Get home safely and have a great time!!!

I just got back from the Drums & Tuba show in Montreal at Le Swimming and all Ive gotta say is the Ottawa crowd kicked the Montreal crowds ass.

There were probably the same amount of people at Le Swimming as Babylon but the Babylon crowd was far more festive. By the end of the night the Montreal crowd was eating it up but it took them a while to wrap their heads around it. Congrats to everyone who made the night at Babylon such a great party because Im sure the band left Canada thinking that was the best crowd of the Canadian run (though when I talked to them they actually had really nice things to say about every place they stopped in Canada).

Comparing the two shows is kinda of hard. I was really glad they played a different setlist but I was kinda zoned out in Ottawa so I really couldnt tell how different the setlists were. I felt the Ottawa set was more energetic (obviously drawing from the crowd) but Montreal was a better oppurnity to really give them a good solid listen without being to distracted with the raging party going on around you. All in all I was glad I went to both but Ill give the nod to the Ottawa as the better of the two.

I wish I could have been at those shows to be a part of the party crowd. I think these guys are under appreciated when ever they go . . .and although I like keeping them all to myself sort of I would like to see them making a bit more off thier dedication to touring. They are all so great and yes- unfortunately I don't think all people can get their heads around it right away but most usualy are grooving by the end of the evening. Let's just all try to commit to bringing at least two friends out to the next shows we can attend locally and make them feel a bit more appreciated each time.

The sloth is right though- they never had a bad thing to say about any of their shows no matter how poorly attended they were- they always had fun.

Can't wait to see them again.