Jambands.ca

who the hell is this chick on my couch?...

puddles

That was AAAAWESOME!!!!!!last night!! Remember that dude havin' a freak-out-epileptic-dance-fit!! beautiful energy mans. Yeah,that guitarist is normal [Confused][Eek!] . I got to Orleans at 5 AM [Confused] with a pretty nice little blond,she drove [Confused] I must ask her name now...goodby,PEACE & NUGS,puddles w/Gillette Foamy on his tongue.

"THOSE ARENT PILLOWS!!!"

wHERES "Manbacca" or whatever,he's supposed to by my PHIL tik....oh,oh...I feel a BAD case of the "Morning Mornings: [Embarrassed][Embarrassed][Embarrassed]

comin' [Mad]

I need a copy of last night...

Three guesses who was the "dude havin' a freak-out-epileptic-dance-fit"... Heh. I'll have to work on my style for next time. ("That was a style??")

This was my third time seeing D&T, and my first time at Babylon's. The space seemed more à propos for the band than the more cramped Zaphod stage where they were before; the wide open dance floor also enabled the groove to circulate mellifluously rather than drowning the few people able to see the band at Z's. This said, D&T were in top form Saturday, never missing a beat and hooking the few which the Bus didn’t already hook in their groove. The quick set changing helped a lot in maintaining the atmosphere (and many kudos for the house DJ for keeping the volume at reasonable and sane levels throughout the night – I didn’t have any earbuzzes when I got outside). D&T maintained the roundabout approach to the “hits” (at least the better pieces of Vinyl Killer many like), but I suspect from listening to bradm that this is a standard approach; they also jammed furiously within each piece to enhance the overall pleasure of just listening to them. Watching them, as was said, gave yet more depth to their presentation.

I haven’t been much to the jam scene yet, this being my second night (after being coaxed by bradm to a good Huxtable gig in the difficult Maxwell’s location), but I’m starting to understand what goes under those vibes emanating from the speakers. Next time, I should be able to approach the dance floor earlier – and yes, I’ll stay to my spot and not make anyone around me fear decapitation. I promise. [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by dancingfool:

Next time, I should be able to approach the dance floor earlier – and yes, I’ll stay to my spot and not make anyone around me fear decapitation. I promise.
[big Grin]

Riiiiight. How many times have I heard that before?? [big Grin]

i'm happy you finally found out who newbacca is.

it's the beard and the fact that i'm an animal...just call me a bear and you'll get some laughs from those at frontiertown on may 24.

puddles...thanks again for the phil ticket and hook up to fun. come to london sometime and party with giggles, scottieking, and myself.

Dancing Fool, don't you dare change your dancing fool ways! You're a blast to watch, you spread a great vibe to everyone, and you make it okay for others to really *feel* the music. Not everyone knows how to move, they are too busy trying to dance. You are a mighty fine motion teacher. Bless you for your flailing limbs and I truly hope to see you at more shows. Oh and a giant WELCOME to the Sanc!

Arcane, I said hush!! [Razz]

And thank you, Ms. Hux, for your kind words. (And thank you Puddles too!) Sometimes I feel like I'm flailing like a muppet on acid; then I scour my memories of watching "Meet the Feebles" and realise I'm not. [smile] I'm hoping to bridge a bit more between the moving and the dancing, get a more harmonious mix of the two. As for more shows, I hope to get to yours on Thursday, maybe bring a friend (dance teacher, it'll be right after my class and she lives nearby)...