Jambands.ca

Presentation Jitters

bradm

I just wanted to thak you all for such wonderful advise. I found that the more I rehearsed the more relaxed I felt. It also felt so good to have your confidence in me. I truly appreciate your support.

I had to deliver the New Employee Orientation presentation. I designed the new PowerPoint version for the company over 7 months ago and it had finally been approved for use. I did two, each 1.5 hours long. The first one was yesterday to 15 people. I was a bit nervous and read from my notes more than I would have liked to have. I even screwed up a line or two and laughed it off. My audience was at ease, and very laid back. They evaluated the presentation and each of them gave it, and my delivery either "Very Good" or "Excellent" (the two highest ratings) so I felt pretty good, and my boss was impressed.

This morning's presentation was to 8 people. Same presentation again and this time, I rarely looked at my notes, I smiled the entire time and was very comfortable delivering the presentation. I feel like a pro.

I have 6 more to go in the next three weeks, and am confident that they will go well.

Thanks again peeps. Love y'all.

Were there any tapers in the audiences?

(That's actually not as facetious as it sounds. If it's something that's to be given over and over, it might be worth it to tape it and just play new people the tape. If you can stand it, watching the tape yourself can be revelatory.)

Congratulations; good to hear it worked out.

Aloha,

Brad