Jambands.ca

Fave MASH Character?

CatPhish

Cool. I am: <center><a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/images/mash_hawkeye.jpg" width="205" height="95" border="0" alt="Click here to take the M*A*S*H quiz!' alt='mash_hawkeye.jpg" width="205" height="95" border="0" alt="Click here to take the M*A*S*H quiz!'>

Also, did you know that the folk-singer Loudon Wainwright III (dad to Rufus) was an occasional character on the early MASH shows?

I don't about y'all but I think MASH was best when it had Colonel Blake and Trapper John on it. Later, with Winchester and BJ and Colonel Potter, it got a bit sanctimonious. Yes? No?

Hey! I just posted that too!!! [Razz]

quote:

Originally posted by bradm:

Louden Wainwright III also played not so much a cameo, but a rarely-present side character, whose name escapes me. (It was early in the series, when Trapper John was still present.)

Aloha,

Brad

Here's some more info from the bio on Louden's website

quote:

I suppose if you were writing my obituary today you'd refer to 1972's "Dead Skunk" (#1 in Little Rock Arkansas for six weeks) and my 3 appearances on the M*A*S*H TV show in 1975 as Capt. Calvin Spaulding, the singing surgeon.

Aloha,

Brad, Great Mind, Thinking Alike

Forget that! The Greatest MASH characters are the performances of one Elliot Gould and Donald Sutherland as the original Trapper and Hawkeye. Hell the whole orginial MASH cast Robert Duvall, TOm Skeriitt (sp)

And "Spearchucker" Jones is from the original movie as well. If you've never seen it, rent it today!

I always loved the one where Hawkeye and BJ switch around Winchester's clothes, giving him pants that are too tight, too big, shirts that are too tight etc., making him believe his weight is outta control. After driving him absolutely batty, BJ resolves to take it to the next level: "Next, we make him taller!"

Watching MASH with my father was a childhood tradition for me. CityTV showed two in a row every night, from 7-8. I would sit and eat Fish Fingers and french fries and watch MASH with my Dad, and then he would drag me up to the race track where I would watch him froth at the mouth, screaming out his picks at a plexi-glass window with hundreds of other tighly wound men. [Eek!][Eek!][Eek!]

Alas, I digress....