Jambands.ca

Nero in Canmore

SolarGarlic

Well, saw Nero in Canmore last night. Holy crap people, i thought the show was totally raging. I saw them open for recipe earlier in the month and had a good time. However, this Canmore show totally dwarfed it. Two sets of full on Nero was a very very pleasing thing to behold.

Just to give a little background info, Canmore is a small town about 3 km from banff national park on the west side and a few km from Kananaskis country on the east. its a place where party hungry kids, motorhome-driving old dudes, and old school townies rub shoulders together. I met so many people from out east i felt as though i was the only albertan in the whole joint:)

at the start of the first set i counted about 30 people in the general stage area. the band played hard the entire set, setting the mood for people to groove a little and familiarize themselves with the Nero groove.

by the time setbreak ended, the whole place was packed. I can't say for sure that everyone was there for the band, especially the two kids sitting next to me who continued to break every bottle, glass and ashtray that was served to them.....anyhow, i heard MANY people in the crowd comment on how great the band was. Canmore is a great place for any of these eastern bands to play. the majority of the people there were very pleased with what they heard.

I think its gonna be a full on party everytime Nero comes back to play out here!!!

thats all ive got. hope it makes sense!! im sure there will be a nerolog to follow.... im a zombie today. good times, good times.

thanks Nero dudes.

I also had the opportunity to see Nero at the Canmore hotel (Friday) and WOW what a show!!! This was my first Nero experience, and I have to say that the boys put on a fantastic show. The jams were super tight, very danceable, and the energy was fantastic (the dance floor was packed). It is so good to see young Canadian talent in a year that we have lost so many good Canadain bands....Keep up the good work, I look forward to my next Nero show