Jambands.ca

canjam compilation project

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

So I want to make a canjam compilation disc and hand them out to some of my friends to introduce them to the canjam scene.

The question I ask you, The Loyal Sanctuarians, is to recommend songs for this disc. I want to cover all the acts that come around Ottawa regularly, and any others that are note worthy.

I could use band name, song(s) , source (disc/live show).

I'll start things off with perhaps my favorite canjam song, Street Sleeper by Grand Theft Bus from Ottawa, 03/05/02. Boo-Yah! Now your turn.

Should it span two discs, so be it.

Great idea Lowroller

Can I have one of those discs?

I don't know about dates but thses are just a few of my current Fav's

Chocolate Monkey Machine

Centregnome

NERO

Zienith Space Command

DOWNTIME

Oh Yeah

Jimmy Swift Band

As if

JukeJoint

Ya gotta have some Burt...... Jack Lumber was always my fav...

I did one of these CDN Music Samplers to hand to people at shows (esp. in the States). Gave out 30 or so over the past few months.

ALthough I very quickly put it together and will be doing a new one which is perhaps meatier, here is what was on it:

Briefly - Jomamma 9 22 01

Boltneck GTB - 9 16 01

Disco Ball> St Stephen - C Jam 9 24 99

Waves - BNB 2 2 01

?? - RFASP 7 3 01

Moby's Dream - Nero 4 14 01

Old Guiseppe> Bones - GTB 9 16 01

Rockford FIles - BNB 2 2 01

I'm making one with more variety.

Days Of You - The Bayou

The Pin> Shoe Groove

I will have to listen to the track listing from the JamHub to let you know which ones they are, cause its all wacky shit. Its basically the last 2 songs before the encore, but the tracking is different I believe..........unless covers count.

HOW ABOUT THAT WHIPPING POST ENCORE?

Or, That's Alright>I'm A Man (Chicago cover)>That's Alright from the same night.

Guest Low Roller

I'm listening to the Days Of You show from The Bayou, and I can't narrow it down to one choice.

Booche, I don't have a setlist for the show, so I don't know which songs you're referring to.