Jambands.ca

Forget Nugget Prods- this is the shiite

Davey Boy 2.0

OTTAWA, May 28, 2002 – Ottawa's hard working high tech companies are out to show residents of the capital they're no slouches when it comes to having fun. A group of employees representing 28 local high tech companies will be spending their free time over the next month competing for the coveted title of Rock Lords of Technology in the fifth annual Tech Rocks competition.

Beginning Thursday, May 30 at 7:00 p.m., and each consecutive Thursday until June 20, rock bands representing the competing companies will try to win the hearts of Hard Rock Cafe audiences. Seven or eight bands will take to the stage each evening. The first and second place winners from each evening's performance will advance to the finals set for Friday, June 28, at Barrymore's Music Hall on Bank Street.

"Tech Rocks is a great event, where we can have some fun, wave the company flag, and see our fellow colleagues shed their business attire to turn into rockers," said Solly Patrontasch, Vice Chairman, DNA Genotek. "This is the fifth year that I have chosen to be involved with Tech Rocks, and I find that it improves each year. Tech Rocks gives us the opportunity to raise awareness for our profession, while supporting the community programs at OCRI and listening to some surprisingly decent music."

Guest Low Roller

I played in it last year, it wasn't a pretty sight (especially the lead singer).

If you really want to go see a band called Bubbles Cash and The Rythm Method this is the place to see them. They kicked our ass with a I'm Like A Bird cover last year.