Jambands.ca

Utter....glee !?!?!?

Davey Boy 2.0

At the end of "The Last Waltz", during I Shall be Released, the look on Neil Young's face is absolutely priceless !!!!

Is he whacked or just in rapture?

I don't think he got anywhere near the microphone and it almost looked like he was grabbing Joni's arse the whole time.

I guess it takes a director like Scorcese to pick up on that shit

I read an interview with Robbie Robertson once, where he was talking about Neil at the Last Waltz. Apparently, backstage was a PARTY..... When Neil took the stage, he had a bit of coke in and around his nostril. When he saw the footage before the film was released, he freaked and made Scorcese and Robbie promise to take it out. This was before the days of digital editing and it took nearly a week!

Robbie swears to this day it was the most expensive coke deal, that he was ever involved in...........

Hey, I read that too! Robertson said that he must've snorted a big line right before hitting the stage to play Helpless, and on the original footage there is a visible M&M sized white blob right below his nose! Scorcese wanted to leave it in to capture the true rock & roll spirit, but Neil managed to get them to edit it out.

The article that that was in was an article on the new Neil Young biography "Shakey".. In the Globe & Mail a few weeks ago I think.