Jambands.ca

Summer Employment for a 19yr old?

aberg83

Hey, I know lots of you work in the high tech industry in the ottawa area... just wondering if any of you know of any possible job opportunities for a 19 year old guy like me, entering engineering at Queen's next year, who's into computers, and graphics, and html, and such.... anyone heard of anything or could maybe ask around? Let me know. thanks!

well it took a LOT of looking - i am getting REALLY old man, cuz Futures aint' what it use to be...

(you use to just go to the futures office say you wanted a job you were a student and they'd get you one and pay your wage to get you experience)

now look, there are many many options for funding...

http://youth.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/common/guide.shtml

The Summer job placement probably would have worked just fine actually - just like Futures, but the deadline for applications was April 2nd. Next year i guess...

you can still check out the student internship program though, it's only for gov't departments - so youd be working for the gov't

I'm in HR at Minto Developments. We are looking for summer laborers (not computer related unfortunately). You can check out our website at www.minto.com and send me your resume at careers@minto.com. I'm the only person who gets it so maybe on the cover sheet (not the resume portion that I will be forwarding to Hiring Managers) you can make reference to the Sanc somehow and I'll give you special treatment! (By that I mean, I may actually READ your resume instead of tossing it in a pile! I get hundreds!)