Fiday and Satuday @ The Bayou

doubleB

Nugget Productions presents...

2 new local bands to entertain you....

Good Mood

Friday June 8

The Bayou

$2 10pm

Covering Phish, the Dead, Allman's, and other popular jambands. A mix of electric and acoustic, with anemphasis on coolgrooves over dance and funk beats

The Asthmatic Horn Section

Satuday June 9

The Bayou

$2 10pm

a little bit of jazz, a little bit of rock, and a whole lot of improvisation!... featuring the jazz fusion stylings of Dave (Dave-O) Rahmer

Come out and support the latest emerging bands on Ottawa's scene.

Perhaps I should shed some light on The Asthmatic Horn Section...

This is something a little different for me. "A bit of jazz, a bit of rock, and whole lot of improvisation" sums it up nicely. We don't really have any *songs* per say... just themes that serve as jam-vehicles. By no means are we a polished act, but we definitely keep things interesting and funky...

I've always felt that part of the allure of jambands is that a trainwreck could be around every corner. Come find out for yourselves!

Dang, but I wish I could be there. I've been listening to the new Miles Davis disc, "Live At The Fillmore East (March 7, 1970)" a.k.a. "It's About That Time" (which is essentially live Bitches Brew), and those jammin'-on-a-riff with horns thing blow me away (no pun intended).

Good luck. Please tape this show!

Aloha,

Brad

Seems that there is a bit of a controversy over the name of Good Mood (or is it Moon?)

I just spoke with 2 of the guys in the band (I work with them), and they had a good laugh over the wrong name being listed.

Sounds like they are going to have a fun time this Friday..............