Jambands.ca

Vince Welnick

secondtube

Ya i read that too, i'm camping where vince is supposed to be playing....

So they already have two keyboardists playing on stage, don't think three is possible.

Now for actual playing ability both boys up there already have vince beat i believe.

So, Vince, i think he's out of luck.

Peace

Hey y'all. I know there are lots of Deadheads here, some who are old enough to have been involved when it was happening, and lots of younger heads who have discovered the magic. Anyway, I recently found Vince Welnick's website (www.vincewelnick.com) where he is pretty active in answering questions and what-not, and I was intrigued/shocked to hear of his post-GD days (daze) from the man himself a few days ago. I simply pass this along b/c I have a feeling there are others like myself who may not have kept up w/ Vinnie and would appreciate the info. It begins in the context of the ongoing debate as to whether Vince should be included in the GD Family Reunion in August (IMO, he should be). Here ya go:

(Vince):

Well, I'm still willing to play but can't. Cameron was the only one to call back and it was a negatory response. I still don't know why but possibly some of those rumors were true and still affects certain band members. Went on the last tour in '95, having been diagnosed with cancer. I had to wait throught the tour to get the work done, and meanwhile it was trying to spread. Back from the road I got treatment and I'm okay now. But just then, Jerry dies. Then on Pearl Harbour Day, of all days, it was announced that we were breaking up. Yes I took it hard, then I took 57 ten millagram valiums and tried to end it all on the Ratdog bus. This I confess to everyone, and I'll have to live with what i've done. Perhaps this is why I'm where I am today. But seven years have gone by and I think thats long enough to see if I was going to make it or not. Perhaps forgiveness would be in order. If it were not for the love from all of you people I would probably not have played again. I sat for days at the piano and just looked at it. But then "True Blue" came out of me, and then "Golden Days" I felt as if I still had something to give. I guess it took all that depression to bring me this type musical expression. if so, then maybe it was all worth it. I'm only here for you folks, and I hope to see you all and share some better times. Always and forever, Vince