Jambands.ca

Asthmatic Horn Section….. WOW!!!!

Guest Low Roller

Maybe Dave-O can get permission from the various kids parents to let them play later than midnight next time [big Grin][big Grin][big Grin]

I showed up late (well actually pretty early for a Saturday) and missed most of it but I really enjoyed the few songs I caught. Looking forward to seeing them again.

Guest Low Roller

Good Moon (Good Mood? Goon Mood? I never really figured it out) was decent in their own right. Some good Dave Mattews covers. To their credit, they somehow managed to get more girls in the bar AND dancing than AHS.

Goon Moon = muy machismo, apparently.

Boy!! Man!! God!! Shit!!!!

Dammit Dave-O!!! Are you kidding me? Where the hell did you find these kids? When I say kids I mean it! I think Dave-O was the only member of that band over 20. Good thing no one checked the bass players ID! Has anyone ever had their ID checked at The Bayou?

As I sat listening to the first set, a giddy feeling washed over my brain and visions of many many many more shows for the AHS began to take hold. A lucky handful of you will be able to say you were there for their first show….. first of many!

I don’t even know how to begin to describe this sound….. Dave-O, dude, you are such a rockstar… the magician directing the madness……The bass player was like 6’4 but played like he was 8’4!! Super heavy funk…. Chris Chu esq at times…. The keyboard player was Madeski in a 18 year old body… that kid could do no wrong…. The drums drove this freaky groove machine, keeping it all together… I can’t fucking believe that was their first gig!!

There are times when I get discouraged doing shows, shitty crowds, crappy bands, it is all part of the game I suppose. Nights like last night are what make it all worth it. To stand there and know that you are hearing something special, knowing right away that this is a big deal and the beginning of something…. Goosebumps man!,

House tapes were recorded, and will be in constant rotation in my car….. steps are being taken to make this first ever show available for download……Wait till you hear them jam out the Muppet show theme song…. Oh man!