Jambands.ca

Q for today

MarcO

If I answer before reading some posts I say Jackson Browne's The Load-Out to Stay - instantly transforms me back to summer camp in Haliburton - that was always the last song at the dances.

After reading posts I agree with "Here Comes the Sun" - that was quite a moment, where about 80,000 people all at once realize they just witnessed music history.

wow I think about this all the time...ongoing mental documentation if you will. New ones being added constantly, the songs that carry the most emotional impact i like to thing of as the soundtrack to my life. I really should write them down as I sporadically remember them, sometimes cued by hearing the song...here's a couple that hit me lately-

anything by ABBA

Yeah i know, whatever. Reminds me of my parents parties and the 'tricycle' age of my life

The Streak - Ray Stevens

I loved funny songs when I was a kid and the different voices in this song apparently brainwashed me into my current lifestyle of, well, cartoon voices. hehehe

skip ahead a couple years and...

Larks tongue in Aspic Pt. 1- King Crimson

-First big acid party we had in highschool(it became an annual event) with my buddies one of my friends threw this on us. Sitting in the middle of his cleared out dining room in the pitch black with this cranked on huge speakers. This is the exact moment in time I diverged from the beaten path.

All of 'One Size Fits All' - Frank Zappa

-Same party as above, next year. Quasimetaphysical discussions with this in the background not only picked the lock, but ripped the hinges off the 'doors of perception' as it were.

Mistress(Piano) - Red House Painters

-Teenage wonderlust and female pinings during highschool...If i only knew then what I know now. Reminds me of all the great females I knew then and how ig'nant i was.

Mikes Groove - Phish, Alpine Valley 97

-Alpine Valley + Phish + Copious amounts of enhancers = I see the light. And though i'm still not a fan of the studio albums or ballads, their are several more 'emotional moments' brought on by them. 'Good times' to quote Northernwish....

billy joel...uptown girl: my first major accident with my 3 week old brand new car

wham....wake me up before you go go: my freshman year in university........

david bowie....ziggy stardust: driving in an old mustang convertable along lake michigan

talking heads......psycho killer: art department at school

black velvet (no idea who sings it): paris, showing friends the sex shops around pigalle