Jambands.ca

Tuesday night Reggae nights @Dekcuf

doubleB

So last night I checked out the first Reggae night at Cafe Dekcuf...

Me and 5 other people braved the downpour ..... the sparse crowd brought back memories of nero's first weekly whipings ..... unfortunetly the music did not!

The band featured the bass player from Raggamuffin, he has an incredible voice, and his bass shook the cafe down.... unfortunetly, that was the extent of the good things I have to say about the band. It was like watching a rehearsal, they would stop 10 bars into the song, the bass player would tell them what they were doing wrong, then they would start over. They had no idea how to finish their songs resulting in many train wrecks.... worst guitar player I have ever seen...

On the upside, mixed drinks were only $2.50 and the bar staff were generous with their measurments.... This would have been infinetly more tolerable if it were social. I hope to see a few of you out next week.

Quote of the night

"opps... um, you don't mind if I make that a double do you?"

Hmmmmmmm

Bad Reggae vs 2.50 mixed drinks

I think the bass player from RaggaMuffin is fucking great so Ill give his band a chance and show up next week.

If people start showing up and generating revenue for the band, I wouldnt be surprsied if Mighty Popo took over on guitar. Then basically you would have the heavy section of RaggaMuffin, playing a small bar that lets you get baked out the backdoor, and cheap drinks ....... not to shabby.

There was no cover charge..... I would gladly pay $5 to have that guitar player replaced by the Mighty one!

That bass player and POPO together in that small room would be magic!

Lots of potential there... they have a six week audition to see if these nights will continue.