Jambands.ca

Pleez kind folks, your help NEEDED

secondtube

Im definately casting my vote.

I was really looking forward to catching these shows so I hope it all works out (where ever its held). At first I thought the cops were just pushing for a bit more coin to help police things but now Im concerned.

I wasnt at Alpine in 89 when the Dead last played there but I had friends that went and said alot of crazy shit went down.....tons of rains, great shows, alot of chaos and partying in the small town. When I saw Phish there in 96 a local farmer let us camp on his farm right beside Alpine Valley (and he limited it to about 10 people). He had so much property damage from the Dead show in 89 that Alpine erected tons of fences but he still watched over his property with a gun for the entire day. He was a really nice guy but his opinion of the last Dead show was not good.

Sure sounds like Downhill From Here is appropriately named...........

(DVD of the Dead in 89 at Alpine, great shit really!)

Those numbers (200,000) are WAY OFF, but, I wouldnt be surprised to see upwards of 75,000 people make that trek. Hell, I would have been one of them if we had of gotten that hotel [Wink]

Greetings, all ! I've been lurking a little while, but the Phil contest finally made me get my act together and become a user.

I was bummed out when I read the news of the possible cancellation. I voted twice ! Don't they realize in East Troy how much $$ they can make ? Don't they realize the nasty element mostly won't show for a "reunion", just the die-hards ?

Let's hope for the best, and if not, get a bunch of Packers' "cheese heads" and BURN THEM !!! (the cheese hats, not the wearers)

How's about Limestone Maine for a new location ?(bad- too far from the waste coast).

I voted. It was about 1280 to 72.

I sure hope this show happens. It is such an emotional roller coaster when you get tickets for a such a big show that sells out that fast and then it gets cancelled.

Keepin the faith, see you in Wisconson.

Good point on the numbers Booche. 200,000 is complete bullshit.

Even if you counted every ticket sold as an individual only showing up for one show not both (even though 95% there are going for both days) thats 80,000 people. Assuming thats correct (which its not its 40,000 people going twice) thats still leaves 120,000 driving all the the way to Wisconsin without tickets with no tour leading up to it or following it. Im visualizing a council room full of people who dont know shit making decisions, how sad.

Once again I hope it all works out.

Frontier Town location & directions:

Frontier Ghost Town is located approximately 2 hours northwest of Toronto, 90 minutes north of Kitchener, and 30 minutes south of Owen Sound.

Looking at a map:

- follow Highway 6 north of Guelph and continue north on Highway 6 about 10 km past Durham

- turn right on Grey Road #12

- look for Frontier Ghost Town Camp Grounds approximately 1 minute down Grey Road #12 on your right hand side

Here is the link to the page:

Frontier Town directions

Hope that helps!

Peace, Mark