Jambands.ca

Question of the Day

arcane

me....................

still workin at 'er folks!

but as far as a job is concerned, I dont think I ever really knew. A dentist at one point (since I was there once a month), a doctor (since I was there once every two weeks), then an athlete (soccer, since I was there almost every day), then a musician (since I loved music full-time)

I now love what I do and ALOT of people say to me, "I dont know how you can do what you do"

I guess that is why I can do it.

I wanted to play the saxophone (have done for almost 9 years now) play the guitar (for about 4 years now) play soccer (been doing it for 16 years) and be a doctor (going through school).

I guess I was a lucky kid because I still love all of it.. except the school part on most days [smile]

well i still am growing up, but when i was smaller, i wanted to be a teacher. my friend and i used to play teacher all the time. then i wanted to be a ballerina after i saw swan lake, so i started taking dance. so now i think i want to be an actor and dancer... maybe a writer... i dont know...

I did (and still do) want to be an astronaut... pretty typical, I know, but just imagine that whole zero-G thing, floating around outside our atmosphere, seeing UFO's and weilding the NASA issued light-sabre....

Now, I'm just some Masters' drop-out (not the golf tourney, the geology post-grad thing) working some job that I have no idea what the hell it is I'm doing...

I also was interested in becoming an NHL superstar, but that Gretzky kid beat me to it...

Right now I'm a landscaper, I don't do anything with cool with computers, I just build what Northern Wish creates. It's just a full time summer job.. wooohoooo.... 15 hour day yesterday was not fun. Ah well. It's better than the restaurant.

Ooh, I'm not the only Masters' drop-out, then. Okay, I'm actually a Masters' "I'm leaving because my idiot supervisor doesn't realize that my cross-disciplinary thesis work would last, oh, five minutes in a defence with professors from the *other* discipline, one which *he* doesn't understand". 'Druther have walked away from that than have been fried spectacularly. Sometimes there are no good alternatives.

But I'm not bitter. Well, yes I am, but not about that. Don't ask me what I'm bitter about.

Me, I wanted to be happy doing whatever. Right now, I'm kind of a documentation jack-of-all-trades. It's a cool enough thing for the moment.