Jambands.ca

Question of the Day

h

Its all about Sci Fi

Do you like science fiction?

If so, what is your fav sci fi tv show?

Who is your favourite sci fi tv character?

(doesnt have to be from that show)

-------------------------

1. Yes

2. Mine is red dwarf i guess

3. that team of guys from the xfiles - loaded gun guys

actually i just stumbled across a red dwarf pg and made up this question just so i could put a quote down. [Wink]

group04.jpg" align="right

Lister: Cat

Cat: Grunt

Lister: Did you ever see the Flintstones?

Cat: Sure!

Lister: Do you think Wilma's sexy?

Cat: Wilma Flintstone?

Lister: Maybe it's 'cos we've bin in deep space too long but every time I see that Sherwood body it drives me crazy. Is it me?

Cat: I think in all probability Wilma Flintstone is the most desirable woman who ever lived.

Lister: That's good I thought I was going strange.cat05.jpg" align="right

Cat: She's incredible

Lister: What d'ya think of Betty?

Cat: Betty Rubble?

Lister: (Nods agreeing)

Cat: I'd go with Betty but I'd be thinking of Wilma

Lister: This is crazy why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?

Cat: Your right we're nuts this is an insane conversation!

Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it!

Cat: (Nods head agreeing)

1. Yes

2. It varies. Right now, probably B5 and X-Files.

3. Mulder and Scully. The Lone Gunmen. G'Kar (okay, I've been accused of being a Narn, but by someone with little ability to judge character).

quote:

Originally posted by bradm:

3. Marcus, from B5.

Ooooh, I've had the pleasure of meeting someone that looked very much like Marcus (a guy named Mark, no less)--he runs the beer and whiskey tastings at Ad Astra, one of Toronto's annual science fiction conventions.

He looks like Marcus *and* he owns a bar ... *drool* ... arcane's in lust, again ...

1)Yes, some of it.

2)Mystery Science Theatre 3000

3)The talking Gumball machine from the show listed above..

I don't know if any of ya'll are familiar with this old Comedy Central classic, but there are some shows on video available for rental. Some of the show is pretty lame, but when they watch old sci-fi movies and add sarcastic comments.... pure gold..

sorry to interrupt the thread -- bradm, i only baulked out of mock embarrassment cuz your question seemed so much more involved than "do you like data or worf"? [big Grin] ! no need to appologize to me! haha

1. Yes.

2. Probably Babylon 5, or maybe The Twilight Zone (the original B&W '60s show).

3. Marcus, from B5.

(Mostly, though, my SF* consumption is limited to the written stuff, like Analog magazine [i subscribe] and books by people like Harlan Ellison, Philip K. Dick, Samuel R. Delany, Isaac Asimov, Robert A. Heinlein, Ray Bradbury, etc.)

Aloha,

BRAD (Brainiac's Response After Demand)

P.S. Sorry, H., but I think you and I were working on the QotD at the same time; when I started writing mine, yours hadn't appeared, but after I hit "submit", I saw it. I didn't intend to stomp on your QotD.

* "If you know Latin, you know that 'sci fi' is the plural form of 'scum fum', as in, 'That scum fum hollywood.'" -- Spider Robinson